FS: AR Phantom Speakers 8.3/5.2/252C

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Justin Boeckler, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Justin Boeckler

Justin Boeckler Auditioning

These are great speakers! Very accurate and dispite being set in Small Aluminum Enclosure. They give off a very large and defined soundstage. If you have a plasma TV these are the thinnest speakers that I know of and would go great mounted on the wall. The fit and finish on these are great, they come lined with neoprene damping. I ran these for some time without a subwoofer and in my opinion they produced quite a decent amount of bass since the 8.3's contain a 8" woofer. With my NHT Subwoofer they sound even more amazing. I hate to sell such a nice set of speakers! I owned these while I lived in an apartment for 2 years and I just bought a house so I would like to upgrade to a speaker which doesn't stand out as much. (Thinking about some Monitor Audio S8's)

At any rate, the speakers were rarely ever used in those 2 years simply because I couldn't crank them to any extent for fear of disturbing my neighbors. The speakers are in perfect condition and I have not abused them. I did have to warranty one of the tweeters in the 252C due to shipping damage. I believe they had a 2 year warranty (already expired) but I will have to check into that. They do not make these speakers anymore which in my opinion is a shame since there isn't much on the market that is similar.

The Illusion drivers are truly a technical marvel. Every time I have company they are always a conversation piece since they stand out so much. They are very high quality speakers which I didn't find true about the rest of the AR line.

Below I have attached a few links as well as my asking prices. These price are somewhat flexible so feel free to make an offer on the whole system.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to shoot me an email below. I can take pictures if your seriously interested!

Email Me for questions

Website Below:
    www acoustic-research.de/english/phantom/phantom.html

Phantom 8.3 w/ Matching Stands $700 (Pair)
    Phantom MS1 Stands = $120
    Phantom 5.2 w/ Wall Mounts $250 (Pair)
    Phantom 252C w/ Wall Mounts $250

*All Documentation
    *Perfect Condition (No Abuse or Scratches)
    *Carbon Series Drivers
    *Extrude Honed Aluminum Cabinets w/ Neoprene Damping
    *Sand Filled Stands w/ Leveling Spikes
    *Bought in January 2002

2. Justin Boeckler

Justin Boeckler Auditioning

BTTT

3. PaulNerd

PaulNerd Auditioning

Hey, I'm looking for these speakers. Justin, if you are reading this, please post an updated email address. The old one bounces.

Anyone else have some of these speakers for sale?