What's new

FS: Anthem AVM 2 HT preamp processor (black) - CANADA (1 Viewer)

MarkusP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Up for sale is a BLACK Anthem AVM 2 home theater preamp processor in excellent condition. This is one amazing piece of home theater gear! It is virtually identical to the Anthem AVM 20 in terms of sound quality and performance except that it is only 5.1 and lacks DPL II. I also have the Anthem AVM 20 and can tell you honestly that there is no difference in terms of sound quality between the two pre amps. I actually prefer the ease of use of the AVM 2 in comparison to the AVM 20. Given that they sound the same and that the AVM 2 was easier to use, I was trying to sell the AVM 20 but since it seems to be a hard sell, I will part with my beloved AVM 2 instead.

This piece originally cost $4000 CDN a couple of years ago so I am asking $1450 CDN obo plus shipping. It is in excellent condition and comes with original box, manual, remote etc.

Here are some facts as posted on www.anthemav.com:

Latest generation Motorola DSP-56362 chip

Bi-directional RS-232

Crestron TM compatible; Phast Link TM upgradeable, Firewire TM provision

3 independent paths/zones

Auto detect DSP modes: Dolby Digital; DTS; Dolby Pro-Logic; MPEG2. Audio Modes: Stereo (5 modes); Mono (3 modes)

AM (6 presets) and FM (18 presets) tuner section has selectable Stereo, Mono or Hi-Blend settings

Fully Universal and Learning, programmable backlit remote

Headphone Output (connected in parallel with MAIN path)

Dynamics feature provides 4 levels of compression on Dolby Digital sources

Tone/balance/dynamics can be set into MEMORY per input

3 password protected memory banks for restoring installer, factory or customer defined setup preferences

DVD Audio ready with analog bypass

High Definition video switching

Center channel equalization

Group audio delay

Internet accessable software updates

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks