FS: Acurus A200x3 Power Amp

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin C Brown, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Acurus 200x3 Three Channel Power Amplifier
    Perfect for adding power to a traditional 2-channel stereo for a Dolby Digital, DTS, or Dolby ProLogic system. Or, use two 3-channel amps for a 6.1 set up (THX Surround EX, DTS ES, etc., with a center rear speaker).
    Note that the 3 physically independent channels share a common power supply. What this means in real life is that the A200x3 looks like a "A300x2" when the amp is being used for a stereo, 2-channel feed. Listening to a CD, or example.
    200W per channel continuously driven into 8 ohms, 20 to 20k Hz, < 0.06% THD. 300W into 4 ohms. S/N 110 dB A weighted.
    17”wide x 7” high x 15” deep; 40 lbs.
    Original MSRP: $1495
    Glass epoxy circuit board (not paper). Fully discrete solid state devices (not low cost integrated circuits). Higher cost metal film resistors (not cheaper carbon resistors). High gauge metal chassis with permanently attached nuts and machine screws (not sheet metal screws).
    Genuine audiophile quality for the value oriented.
    Includes original manufacturer's double box and manual. Amp was purchased brand new last year.
    Also includes copies of reviews from Audio magazine and Home Theater Technology of the older 200x3. Audio measured 315W into 8 ohms, and 515 W into 4 ohms, per channel, constant line voltage maintained. "A" "200” x 3 indeed!
    Buyer pays shipping.
    Cashier’s check, money order, personal check (must clear 1st), and Paypal accepted (contact me 1st).
    My ebay id is kcb-5. Check it out: NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. Ever. Zip, zilch, zero negative comments from anyone who has dealt with me.
    I'm not a dealer out to make a buck. Just an audio/videophile who likes to try different things. :)
    I'm looking to get $600 for it. If you check ebay and audiogon, that is a very reasonable price. I'm not looking to make money on the deal, just move on from 6.1 to 7.1. (And yes, I am staying with Acurus! [​IMG] )

2. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

YGM

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Still available.

4. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

The 200x3 has the exact same amps and power supply as the A250 or Acurus 250x2 amp, you get 1 more channel with the 200x3. I bought one when they first came out kept it for about 4 years wish I never sold it. These are great amps, I know my 200x3 put out more than rated power, I ran a DIY sub off 1 channel and 2 JBL L150As for mains, all needed lots of grunt.

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

"I have a dream..."

That Klipsch will do right by the Acurus name and resurrect it someday. There are a lot of people, who once they've owned Acurus stuff, will try to upgrade within their line even though they don't make it any more. How's that for customer loyalty? That is priceless.

6. Guy Usher

The only problem is that Acurus missed the mark with their multi channel amps, they are great amps but most folks now days want all channels under one roof. Acurus's logic was valid at the time thinking all you had to do was put a 3 channel amp with your stereo amp and you are in buisness, as much as we want 3 channel amps they are kinda falling by the wayside as everyone appears to be buying 5 channel, I know the inmates of the forum look for 3 channel amps, but I guess there isnt enough of us. Acurus jumped out there early with a lot of amps, still see new in box Acurus 3 channel amps IMO.

7. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Ahhh, but they did do a 5-channel: the A200x5 (or 200Five). But not a 7 channel. But those are relatively recent anyways.
    I am switching from 2 A200x3's for 6.1 to an A200 plus an A200x5 (already got 'em) for a 7.1 setup. [​IMG]
    Then, I only need the A200 on for stereo listening, which is 80% of my use of my "HT" ...

8. Guy Usher

I will say this, your price is right, never fails when the item I want comes along at a decent price I am hung up in a different area.
    I did run across a (3 year old) new in a factory sealed box 200x3 but at 2 times the price you are asking. . .
    My system is 5.1 and I intend to keep it such, if I had my way I would run 2 of Acurus 200x3 anps, enough power at each station to do pretty much anything you would want, these things are built to "medical" standards and no reason with proper care last 20+ years (proper care meaning kept in a stable enviroment, well ventilated) My wheels are turning again. . . .
    I would run 1 amp for the front 3 and one for my SVS sub and two surrounds. You would virtualy eliminate any "timing" or "rise time" issues associated with using different brands or different model amps, wheels still turning. . .

9. Nick V

Nick V Second Unit

Is this amp still for sale?? I am very interested, but wondering if you would be interested in shipping to Canada??

Thanks,

Nick

10. Ricky T

Ricky T Supporting Actor

Geez, how can both of these still be available at $600 each? People might be getting too caught up in the lastest 6-7 channel options......