FS: Acurus A100x3 3-channel amplifier

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by ScottC, Jun 22, 2004.

1. ScottC

ScottC Supporting Actor

This amplifier is in an excellent condition and gently used in a SMOKE FREE home (I don't have the original box for the A-100x3 but will definately package securely for shipment).

The light on the amplifier does flicker (this is a common issue with the Acurus amps). This is purely cosmetic and can be corrected by simply putting a small sticker over the LED (as I have done). A repair kit to replace the LED/switch is also available from the manufacturer for $25.59. Again, this does affect the performance of amplifier in any way.

More info can be found here, which is on the Klipsch website, who bought out Acurus' parent company Mondial Designs a couple of years back and maintain product line info.

Asking price is $350 plus actual shipping.

Will also consider trades involving:

Totem speakers
    Nordost Red Dawn RCA terminated Interconnect

I also have an Acurus ACT-3 home theater preamp/processor for sale.

Money orders, cashiers checks and PayPal accepted.

2. ScottC

ScottC Supporting Actor

This amplifier is in an excellent condition and gently used in a SMOKE FREE home (I don't have the original box for the A-100x3 but will definately package securely for shipment).

The light on the amplifier does flicker (this is a common issue with the Acurus amps). This is purely cosmetic and can be corrected by simply putting a small sticker over the LED (as I have done). A repair kit to replace the LED/switch is also available from the manufacturer for $25.59. Again, this does affect the performance of amplifier in any way.

More info can be found here, which is on the Klipsch website, who bought out Acurus' parent company Mondial Designs a couple of years back and maintain product line info.

Asking price is $350 plus actual shipping.

Totem speakers

I also have an Acurus ACT-3 home theater preamp/processor for sale.

Money orders, cashiers checks and PayPal accepted.

3. ScottC

ScottC Supporting Actor

Price dropped to $375+shipping firm.

C'mon folks - somebody must want this. This amp originally retailed for $950.

I am a gold trader here.

Mark.VG bought my Acurus A-80 and is very pleased with it.

4. ScottC

ScottC Supporting Actor

Price dropped to $375+shipping firm.

C'mon folks - somebody must want this. This amp originally retailed for $950.

I am a gold trader here.

Mark.VG bought my Acurus A-80 and is very pleased with it.

5. ScottC

ScottC Supporting Actor

Totem speakers

6. ScottC

ScottC Supporting Actor

Totem speakers

7. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

People are probably thinking "my receiver already puts out 100 watts a channel, why buy this amp?". The difference is in sound quality. I have the Acurus 200x5 and 250x2. I don't listen that much louder than with my old Pioneer receiver but the improvement in sound quality is leaps and bounds. If I hadn't already bought 7 channels worth I'd grab this amp too. This would be a great upgrade for *any* receiver.

8. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

People are probably thinking "my receiver already puts out 100 watts a channel, why buy this amp?". The difference is in sound quality. I have the Acurus 200x5 and 250x2. I don't listen that much louder than with my old Pioneer receiver but the improvement in sound quality is leaps and bounds. If I hadn't already bought 7 channels worth I'd grab this amp too. This would be a great upgrade for *any* receiver.

9. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I would love to buy it but I'm getting ready to leave for a 6 week trip to Europe and it would hit my wallet a little hard and it would just be sitting here for 6 weeks. On the off chance that you still have it in 6 - 7 weeks I would love to take it off your hands [​IMG]

10. ScottC

ScottC Supporting Actor

Stephen, this very well might be possible, as I don't plan on Ebaying it until after I get back from an Australia trip we are taking for 3 weeks, starting in 3 weeks. So, if it doesn't sell in the next 3 weeks, it will likely be availble for you in 6. Thanks for the interest.

11. ScottC

ScottC Supporting Actor

Final price drop. $350 + shipping.

With all the views on this thread and given the great reputation of this amp, it's amazing that it's still available. For those of you clinging to your all in one home theater receivers, try separates - once you have you'll wonder why it took you so long.

If this doesn't sell in the next couple of weeks, then it is off to Ebay when I get back from Oz.