What's new

FS: 5 Von Schweikert home theater speakers (1 Viewer)

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
In anticipation of moving to a smaller place, I'm selling my Von Schweikert VR Theater speakers. I'm the original owner, and I've had them since 1999. I have the original box for all of them. I'd prefer to sell at least the main speakers (75 lbs each not including the boxes) somewhere relatively locally. I would deliver them to Northern and central New England, as well as northeast New York state. Anyone farther away would be asked to meet somewhere in the middle, or pay for shipping.

It is my understanding -- and I've been to the former Von Schweikert HQ in New York -- that these speakers are identical in design and performance to the VR Theater line that replaced them in 2000. The biggest (only?) difference for the 2000 line was a choice of finishes and colored end caps. These speakers are all black. I provided links below for both the speakers I'm selling and the 2000 line, since there is slightly different verbage and nicer and/or non-missing pictures on the latter. Once again, note that these are the all-black versions.

I think the name and the specs speak for themselves, but let me just add that these speakers are very easy to drive (92dB/1w/1m for the mains, 91dB for the center, 90 dB for the surrounds) and very flexible -- adjustable rear tweeter levels on the mains, adjustable "Vocal Presence Control" on the center, dipole/directional switch on the surrounds.

Mains
VR-2000
[For reference, here's a link to the newer VR-2100.]
MSRP was around $1700 on these (and $1900 on the VR-2100). I'm asking $750 $650 $575 $525 $450 plus actual shipping -- local pickup/dropoff preferred.

SOLD
Center
LCR-20
[For reference, here's a link to the newer LCR-21.]
MSRP was around $600 on these (and $800 on the LCR-21). I'm asking $350
$300 $275 plus actual shipping.

SOLD
Surrounds
TS-200
[For reference, here's a link to the newer TS-210.]
MSRP was around $1000 on these (and $1200 on the TS-210). I'm asking $400
$350 $325 plus actual shipping.

Please direct all questions and offers to email -- my email is stevevt at adelphia dot net -- although comments along the lines of "great deal!", "great speakers!", etc. are always welcome ;) .

I take PayPal, and my ebay feedback is under sdanielsvt.

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
In anticipation of moving to a smaller place, I'm selling my Von Schweikert VR Theater speakers. I'm the original owner, and I've had them since 1999. I have the original box for all of them. I'd prefer to sell at least the main speakers (75 lbs each not including the boxes) somewhere relatively locally. I would deliver them to Northern and central New England, as well as northeast New York state. Anyone farther away would be asked to meet somewhere in the middle, or pay for shipping.

It is my understanding -- and I've been to the former Von Schweikert HQ in New York -- that these speakers are identical in design and performance to the VR Theater line that replaced them in 2000. The biggest (only?) difference for the 2000 line was a choice of finishes and colored end caps. These speakers are all black. I provided links below for both the speakers I'm selling and the 2000 line, since there is slightly different verbage and nicer and/or non-missing pictures on the latter. Once again, note that these are the all-black versions.

I think the name and the specs speak for themselves, but let me just add that these speakers are very easy to drive (92dB/1w/1m for the mains, 91dB for the center, 90 dB for the surrounds) and very flexible -- adjustable rear tweeter levels on the mains, adjustable "Vocal Presence Control" on the center, dipole/directional switch on the surrounds.

Mains
VR-2000
[For reference, here's a link to the newer VR-2100.]
MSRP was around $1700 on these (and $1900 on the VR-2100). I'm asking $750 $650 $575 $525 $450 plus actual shipping -- local pickup/dropoff preferred.

SOLD
Center
LCR-20
[For reference, here's a link to the newer LCR-21.]
MSRP was around $600 on these (and $800 on the LCR-21). I'm asking $350
$300 $275 plus actual shipping.

SOLD
Surrounds
TS-200
[For reference, here's a link to the newer TS-210.]
MSRP was around $1000 on these (and $1200 on the TS-210). I'm asking $400
$350 $325 plus actual shipping.

Please direct all questions and offers to email -- my email is stevevt at adelphia dot net -- although comments along the lines of "great deal!", "great speakers!", etc. are always welcome ;) .

I take PayPal, and my ebay feedback is under sdanielsvt.

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
I would consider partial trades involving a subwoofer.

I'm also looking for a front projector and screen.

Thanks for looking.

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
I would consider partial trades involving a subwoofer.

I'm also looking for a front projector and screen.

Thanks for looking.

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
Let me also mention that once I sell these, I'll have an Outlaw 950 pre/pro and a Parasound 855A amp for sale, and maybe a few more things.

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator

When I sell the speakers.

It'll be in line with the price they've been getting here -- $600 to $650.

If you really wanted the Outlaw, you'd make an offer on the speakers. ;)

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
The speakers are still available, but I'm no longer looking for a subwoofer.

Check out the updated prices!

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
Surrounds are sold. Mains and center are still for sale.

Check out the lowered prices!

Still looking for a FP/screen.

Jeffrey Chin

Second Unit
Steve,
Nice talking to you.
I emailed you re: center.

Call me before EOD today to let me know if we have a deal.
I can't reach you on the number you gave me.

Thanks

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
Surrounds and center are sold. Mains are still for sale.

Check out the lowered prices!

Still looking for a FP/screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks