1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

FS: 5 meter Canare component cables

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Eric Samonte, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

These cables are made with Canare's most popular cable, LV-61S. They are lightweight and extremely flexible. Considerably more flexible than the Monster cables we tested. This superior flexibility also ensure longer flex life. They have PVC jackets with a smooth, non-glare finish. They even stay flexible in sub-zero weather! Hopefully, your equipment will never be subjected to such an extreme temperature, but the point is that the cables really are made of high-quality materials.
    Connectors
    It is hard to imagine a finer RCA connector than Canare's. They are precision machined to maintain a constant 75 ohm impedance. We install them using a Canare tool that always prepares the cable ends, just right. The connectors are crimped in place, using heavy, precision-machined dies. The crimps are so tight that oxygen is excluded, and thus corrosion is prevented. It's an awesome system, and the resulting terminations are in a class of their own.

Generic RCA audio plugs and cables have been around for over 50 years, but the old solder-type plugs typically have an impedance of about 25 ohms. They exhibit extremely poor return loss performance, even when mated to high quality cable. Some of the so-called "high end" cables use exotic-sounding materials and make unsupportable claims, but still fail to solve this very real and important problem.

Canare's new 75 ohm RCA crimp plugs solve these problems. They are impedance matched and achieve excellent digital and analog performance with a usable bandwidth to 200 MHz! The connector design ensures consistent and extremely reliable terminations. VSWR is typically less than 1.1 from DC to 200 MHz. The crimp design excludes oxygen, preventing corrosion associated with dissimilar metals, which can degrade even the best soldered connections.

The center shaft is gold plated. If you look closely at the picture below, you can see the internal pressure fingers, which ensure good contact, while solving the "grip of death" problem, which has been a issue with Monster's connectors. The "grip of death" connectors put unnecessary strain on your equipment. Canare connectors connect up smoothly, and maintain good contact, while protecting your equipment investment.

[​IMG]

I've had these for almost 2 years but they r like new. I recently got a new longer set for my projector.

I'm asking for $80 shipped. Please email for any questions.
    Here r some more pics of the cables.
    .jpg?bc.DEs_AUhgng5G2]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/a9e41....DEs_AUhgng5G2
    .jpg?bc.DEs_AiWqCWH1i]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/a9e41....DEs_AiWqCWH1i

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Hey,..what u know...SOLD!