FS: 2 DirecTIVOs (with lifetime sub)

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by AnkushGosain, Jan 27, 2004.

1. AnkushGosain

AnkushGosain Auditioning

Hello all. Since I can't get DirecTV in my new home , I have made the move to ReplayTV and therefore have for sale my two DirecTIVOs...

- Series 1 with 40hrs (lifetime sub paid)
    - Series 2 with 40hrs

If you use these both on the same DirecTV account, you only pay the usual mirroring fee for the second unit - no TIVO fees (at least thats what it was when I last used them).

I no longer have the boxes, but do have the remotes and should have all the necessary cables.

I will only sell them as a pair. I would prefer a Chicagoland sale so I don't have to ship them, but am open to offers.

Asking $450 (plus shipping) obo.

-Ankush Gosain
    [email protected]

2. BenS

BenS Stunt Coordinator

Not to hijack this thread but according to you post you have one Tivo with lifetime subscription and the second feeds off the first's subscription? How is that possible?

3. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

I hate to tell you there is no such thing as a lifetime Tivo Subscription for Directv. You pay $4.95 for the Tivo service on your bill. You can have as many Tivo units as you want on that $4.95 fee for the Tivo service. You will also pay the $5 mirroring fee per unit for any receiver past your 1st one.

Example you have 2 Tivo receivers and 1 Regular Directv Receiver. You will in addition to your bill ($4.95 Tivo Service, $5 mirror fee, $5 mirror fee = $14.95 additionally to you subscription rate) Hope this helps

4. BenS

BenS Stunt Coordinator

I bought my tivo and a lifetime subscription and I don't have that $4.95 tivo service bill on my directv bill.

5. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

How much did you pay for a DIRECTV TIVO lifetime subscription? I have never heard of Directv doing this.

6. Seven Araujo

Seven Araujo Stunt Coordinator

DirecTV Honored the lifetime sub before they took over...but i do not think that its transferable...but it might be possible!
    not sure..but i know DirecTV honored my lifetime i payed when i just purchased the t-60
    hope this helps

7. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Lifetime subscription is tied to the account and not the Tivo (like the stand alone model). So if Ankush signs up with DirecTV again, he will not pay a Tivo fee. This has been discussed at length at the Tivo Community.

-Robert

8. AnkushGosain

AnkushGosain Auditioning

I have verified with both DirecTV and TIVO reps that the lifetime sub is transferable along with the unit - so whoever buys the unit gets the lifetime sub. As far as what will appear on your bill, BenS is correct - with the lifetime sub there is NO tivo fee. You will only have the mirroring fee for the second unit. If you forego the second unit, you will have no fee whatsoever...
    Now, who wants the units?

-Ankush
    [email protected]

9. BenS

BenS Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for clearing that up for me Ankush and again sorry for hijacking your thread for a moment. I have been putting off buying a second directivo because there is no lifetime subscription any more.