FS: (2) 85 liter ported Shiva (or 12" woofer) boxes - DC Metro Area

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Wayne Ernst, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

These boxes are no longer available - they have been SOLD !!!

After taking the time to construct a pair of 85 liter boxes for a pair of Shiva drivers, I've decided to make some changes -- and go with a smaller box design. The cabinets are approximately 90% finished and sitting in my garage at the moment. They have had their corners rounded, wood filler applied and sanded with fine sandpaper. The only steps left would be to: 1) apply another light coat of wood filler, 2) lightly sand and finish with your favorite color or material.

Openings for plate amps were not made in these cabinets because of my intention to use a pro audio amp to drive them.

I am asking just $20.00 Each for these - to get my investment in the materials back.

I live in Northern Virginia, so access from Maryland and DC is quite easy to where I live.

Revision: I am open to shipping these boxes - if desired. However, I would have to procure proper materials to pack the boxes to avoid damage. Packing materials and shipping costs would be the responsibility of the purchaser.

Also, I can supply the Shiva drivers (still in the box) - $110.00 Each (each) if desired. These are the Mark IV drivers - the latest revision and release.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing my post. [​IMG]

2. Wayne Ernst

Saturday evening bump. [​IMG]

3. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

If you had to guess, what do you think shipping would run on one of them to 80109 or 80104? Just a ballpark [​IMG]

4. Wayne Ernst

Just checked the rates @ FexEx Ground for this item @ 50 Lbs. Looks like about $28.00 - and FexEx Ground is usually the cheapest. Keep in mind, this does not include the cost of the packing materials, which would probably come out to be about $10.00.

Then again, these boxes run about $155 + shipping when you buy them unpainted from one of the vendors. [​IMG]

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I was afraid shipping would be a bit. I wish you hadn't rounded the edges, square edges are easier for me to veneer [​IMG]

6. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

Hey Wayne, I'll take both off your hands. Luckily I'm right next to you.