What's new

FS: 120-Hr Panasonic Showstopper (ReplayTV) w/free lifetime programming (1 Viewer)

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator
Selling my trusty Panasonic Showstopper (PVHS-2000). Upgraded the stock 30GB drive to a 120GB drive for up to 120 hours of recording at standard quality. I always recorded at high quality and you get 40 hrs there. (in other words: Standard = 120hrs, Medium = 80hrs, High = 40hrs)

This unit comes with free lifetime programming, so no monthly fees. Just connect it to a phone line and you can get nightly updates on programming, schedules, channels, etc. You can even program it remotely through myreplaytv.com.

Included with the unit are the original remote, manual, power cord, a/v cord, and IR blaster that will allow the unit to control a cable box or satellite receiver.

Price is $225 which includes shipping in the continental US via FedEx ground. Payment via PayPal.

I also have 2 original Showstopper hard drives that came from the units (I gave one unit to a friend) if anyone is interested.

I have sold several things here on the forum and have excellent feedback. My e-bay id is PREPPER if you want to see my feedback there.

Thanks for looking!

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator
Bump.

For those perhaps unaware, the Panasonic Showstopper is a ReplayTV unit. I should have put that in the thread title.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Amended title. If I didn't have 3 of these (all upgraded to 120 hours too), I'd be tempted to snag another one myself.

Roy C.

Second Unit
Ed,

pardon my ignorance about this, but is the free lifetime programming in fact transferrable? Does it follow the device or the owner? Also, does the unit have component and digital audio outs? Does it have any network capabilities? I'm asking because I could not find these answers...

Thanks,
Roy C.

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator
Roy,

This unit does not have component video outputs, digital audio, nor networking capabilities.

Ed

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The lifetime subscription comes with the hardware (i.e. some identifier is already stored in the database so when the unit calls for nightly updates, the unit's identifier is on the lifetime subscription list and allows for the updates).

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I own 2 Panasonic Showstoppers, with 1 of the 2 upgraded to 120GB. I can confirm everything stated here and add that the Panasonic Showstopper is very well built in my opinion. It does have a tendency to run warm so it needs to be well ventilated and in the open or modified with a fan to stay cool.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks