What's new

Fry's Electronics Caution (1 Viewer)

lvicious

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lance G
I did not find any recent threads on Fry's so here is mine.

I ordered the Harmony 900 at 11am CST on Black Friday after viewing an ad that was posted on another forum and then viewing the actual product on Fry's web site that showed the remote at BFriday discounted price of $129.00 not including sales tax and shipping.

I ordered the product and I was billed for the product however that charge is "pending". I show up at work today to find an email from 7pm last night (Monday) that my order was canceled:

"

Code:
 We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. After running out of stock of the LOGITECH HARMONY 900 remote control our website encountered a technical problem, allowing your order to be accepted in error. Regrettably, we will be unable to fulfill your order. Please note that only an authorization was obtained from your credit card and you have not been charged. Once more, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. Sincerely, Fry's.com

I contacted them and spoke to a manager and the only thing he kept saying was a canned response of I am sorry but due to blah blah blah. Basically what was said in the email above. I googled and found this site that has had success with companies like Buy.com who pull this bs.. that is running a petition that is around 650 Sig's as of today and no telling how many more who will never find this site:

http://www.groubal.com/frys-electronics-canceled-tv-orders-offer-no-compensation/#signatures

I understand things happen but the extreme late notification from Fry's and the many other products they have taken the same steps with besides the 900 (if you read the petition comments you will see how far it goes) is just completely unacceptable. Again this goes far beyond just the 900 from reading the complaints in the link above.

I can afford this remote at full price but Fry's apparently has a history of pulling this kind of thing in the past and I had no chance to shop around thinking I was receiving this item as bought on Friday. I was with family and did not think to check my AOL personal account at 7pm >.>

Be cautious if you buy from them whether next year during Black Friday or over the Christmas Holidays. My new Onkyo 3008 and my htpc remotes will have to do for now I guess.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
I don't trust Fry's and would never buy any electronics from them. They repackage returned/refurbished products and put them back on the shelves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks