What's new

Frustrating Remote Control Issues!!! (1 Viewer)

Rob_b

Agent
Frustrating Remote Control Issues!!!

Has anyone ever had this problem?

I am thinking about geting the Pioneer DV-47a. The remote control looks the same as my current Onkyo M-301 CD/DVD changer. This week I will be testing the DV-47a with my Onkyo remote at the local dealer. What do I do if both remotes use the same RF codes?

Jin E

Second Unit
They may look the same, but in my experieice they may or may not be programed differently. Did that clear things up for you... LOL ;)
I have not used the Onkyo/Pioneer combo you refer to, but I do own a Pioneer laserdic player and a RCA laserdisc player that uses a identical remote. Well, they only look identical, beca use one does not control the other. Stick the remote in your pocket and head to a store and see if it powers the unit. YMMV, cause it may very well be the same remote. I've seen that too (with Marantz and Phillips stuff, but in this case they were owned by the same company). But, manufacturers like to stick with their own device codes, and they are pretty good at not straying into other manufacturer's codes.

Rob_b

Agent
Ok I went to the local store with my Onkyo M-301 CD/DVD changers remote.

I took out the remote and pressed power. Every Pioneer DVD/CD player turned off. Even the Pioneer DV-47a.

It looks like I can't by it now. The sales man wondered why I would want two dvd players. I explained that one is a changer that is used for cd/ music dvd/ workout dvds. My new dvd player will be used for DVD-A and/or SACD + progressive video output.

I wanted the Dv-47 too. I will now have to wait for the Denon 3800 or the Marantz 8300.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
I am in a similar predicament. My Panasonic H1000 can be operated by the Denon 1600 remote (and the RP-56 remote). A suggestion I got was to hook up X-10 control to the players. No power=no remote activation.

Marc_E

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Sorry for your disappointment, Rob_b, but that still must've been pretty cool to click your remote and have half a dozen players all turn off!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks