What's new

Frustrated with music mediums (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I agree that CD are expensive, they just never came down since it's inception. MD I think is the most flexible digital recording format other than DAT, but the most common medium are cds or tapes. I've burn cds and I take them everywhere there's a family gathering since there is always a cd player available.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...
Link Removed

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I mainly want to take my music on the go, record cd's in different order, make mixes from several CD's and put them on one MD. and take music with me on the train. I just dont want a portable mp3 player because of low quality, and CD walkmans are too bulky along with the cd's. I do a lot of jogging, and I want something that is NOT going to skip, and something that I can put in my pocket when I'm out. I also want to play mixes at home, but have heard of many problems with mega cd changers, and have had one myself before that did break down. I dunno. As the title said, I'm just frustrated.
Have you had a chance to play with MDLP? Is there a dropoff in quality with long play? How noticeable?
------------------
I AM CANADIAN!

Mickey Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I have been getting cd's from the local library, and then burning them on my home PC.
If it's an album I really enjoy I will go to the store and purchase the CD to support the artist. Since the coming of the internet and digital music, I will never buy a CD with one good song on it again.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I mainly want to take my music on the go, record cd's in different order, make mixes from several CD's and put them on one MD. and take music with me on the train. I just dont want a portable mp3 player because of low quality, and CD walkmans are too bulky along with the cd's. I do a lot of jogging, and I want something that is NOT going to skip, and something that I can put in my pocket when I'm out. I also want to play mixes at home, but have heard of many problems with mega cd changers, and have had one myself before that did break down. I dunno. As the title said, I'm just frustrated.
I can tell you without a doubt that MD is absolutely the perfect medium that you are looking for to portablize music in this way. I have no experience with MDLP at all whatsoever. Check out www.minidisc.org for information, www.minidisco.com for gear, and www.overstock.com has some good deals, as does www.refurbishedstore.com and www.electronicsemall.com .
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Sam I'm curious as to how you are making your mp3's? Every mp3 I get is at 320 but I still hear skips and pops and hisses and compression artifacts, and it does sound like it came from a can. I believe it also has something to do with the type of encoding used. (read that on this forum months ago).
Try this one CDex
Excellent quality rips using the LAME encoder.
------------------
JB
"My baloney has a first name it's H-O-M-E-R my baloney has a second name it's H-O-M-E-R
"

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Will a CD-R sound identical to its original? It should, but I have heard CD-Rs that sounded horrible. Is there a definitive answer to this?
--
Holadem

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes they sound better. I have a scratched CD that my CD player cannot handle, it always skips. Even my computer crashed when I tried reading this CD. I used a CD scratch repair kit on it, and while my CD player still skips, now my computer can read it fine. So, I burned a copy of this CD, and that plays perfectly on my CD player, no skips. So, the copy is definitely better than the original :)
Basically, a computer has the time to make multiple attempts at reading the data, and it can do intelligent things like averaging out the results. A CD player has to do all this is real-time, it can't afford the luxury of stopping everything and going back to read the CD.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Kwang - I'm curious about tramps but afraid to buy used cd's. dont you get a lot of music with scratches and stuff on it? and how long does it take between a cd being released until it appears at tramps? There's a tramps somewhat near me at southland crossing. I'll check it out sometime. Is that where you get most of your music?
Tramps won't take CDs with scratches. And they guarantee the CDs, so if it doesn't work, you can get a refund/exchange. You can also try it in the store, as they have players right there. The southland store gets wicked turnover, so it might be hard to find stuff unless you check often. I should also mention that the southland store has a great selection of used DVDs now.
I now get most of my music from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks