I have a few fruit trees, lemon, grapefruit, orange, plum & peach. The lemon & grapefruit trees are strong producers but I rarely eat the fruit because I spray the yard and the trees for ants as needed. I've always assumed you shouldn't eat fruit that has been sprayed with insecticide, for example any of the more common solutions you find at Home Depot. So how do I keep ants and other pest from ruining my fruit and avoid poisoning myself? I'm sure there's something I'm missing. Is simply washing the fruit really enough? Thanxxx in advance.