What's new

Disney's Frozen II (2019) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Target is listing an exclusive version of the CD with 2 collectable cards for $9.99. Gladly, though, there doesn't seem to be any exclusive music content, which is something that they sometimes do which drives me nuts, so it's just the cards that are extra.

https://www.target.com/p/various-ar...e-soundtrack-target-exclusive-cd/-/A-78431695

They also have an exclusive red version of the vinyl:

https://www.target.com/p/various-ar...oundtrack-target-exclusive-vinyl/-/A-78431696

The cards don't mean anything to me, so I'm going to keep my Amazon order because I'd rather have the release date delivery with my Prime membership. I assume it's likely that Amazon will eventually drop their $11.40 to match Target's $9.99 though.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon did drop their price on the songs soundtrack to match the $9.99 price from Target. As of yet, there are still no pre-orders up for the score CD that I've been able to find.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The MPAA has issued the expected PG rating for Frozen II for "action/peril and some thematic elements."

For comparison's sake, the original Frozen was PG for "some action and mild rude humor." So, "peril" and "thematic elements" are new.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I see the long-range tracking has it topping out at around $450M domestically. That seems low to me. The original did $400M and I think it has gained far more in popularity in the last 6 years.

With Lion King doing $542M this year, I tend to think Frozen will be somewhere in that same ballpark. Lion King certainly had a tremendous built-in audience, but I think Frozen is more of a favorite with the current generation of kids.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
With Lion King doing $542M this year, I tend to think Frozen will be somewhere in that same ballpark. Lion King certainly had a tremendous built-in audience, but I think Frozen is more of a favorite with the current generation of kids.

Tracking at this point in the game really means nothing.

That being said, I agree with you that I expect this to be huge if it's good. And I think it will be good.

However, the difference between Frozen II and The Lion King is that The Lion King was really the last mega-blockbuster of the summer. It was able to play and play and play and play for weeks on end because there wasn't really much else tentpole-y after it, and it was very well-dated in that regard. Frozen II is entering a much more crowded field, and we'll see how that affects it. Star Wars, for example, is about a month after Frozen.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As announced yesterday, advance tickets are finally on sale now.

And, yes, I know this because I was waiting online to buy mine the moment they went on sale this morning. ;)

First showtime is Thursday, November 21 at 6:00 p.m. local time. It does not appear that Disney is doing their usual Fan Event nonsense at 5pm, or at least, if they are, I can't find any listings for that. I got exactly what I wanted, being the first seat sold at my theater for the premium Cinemark XD auditorium at 6:00.

They are also not offering a double feature with the original, as logical as that would be, and I would have gone to that if it had been made available.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
As announced yesterday, advance tickets are finally on sale now.

And, yes, I know this because I was waiting online to buy mine the moment they went on sale this morning. ;)

First showtime is Thursday, November 21 at 6:00 p.m. local time. It does not appear that Disney is doing their usual Fan Event nonsense at 5pm, or at least, if they are, I can't find any listings for that. I got exactly what I wanted, being the first seat sold at my theater for the premium Cinemark XD auditorium at 6:00.

They are also not offering a double feature with the original, as logical as that would be, and I would have gone to that if it had been made available.

Thank you, Jake. I signed up for the notifications and never got one. I had to cancel Ford vs. Ferrari to get Frozen, but 6 pm on the 21st in a Dolby Theater.

I'll go back and get the Ford vs. Ferrari ticket on Thursday night when I sit down for Doctor Sleep.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The New York Times has a feature profile on Jennifer Lee, her work co-directing Frozen II and running Disney as its chief creative officer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/07/style/jennifer-lee-frozen.html

In other news, the soundtrack with the songs is due to be released next Friday, November 15, but a separate soundtrack for the instrumental score has not been dated yet. I remember reading something in a press release saying that the score would be coming separately, because it upset me, but I can't find that now. In any case, the soundtrack that is currently available for pre-order is definitely only the songs. I do hope they haven't decided to cancel the release of the score or regulate it to digital only (where it hasn't been dated either), since I definitely want that just as much as I want the songs. I wish they were coming together, but I will buy them separately whenever they offer the score, which I hope is not too far off from the movie release.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Today I saw a special preview of the movie at Hollywood Studios in Disney World, an exclusive for theme park guests. It was about 10 minutes and featured all the characters we know, plus (most of?) a new song “Into the Unknown,” which seems to be Elsa’s Let It Go-type number for this film. The film looks and sounds great. No spoilers from me, but the preview seemed to set up the central conflict of the movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Anyone else who previously pre-ordered the soundtrack from Amazon might want to check their order.

Although the songs CD is set for release this coming Friday, November 15, my order (placed with Prime shipping benefits) was recently listed as arriving on Tuesday, November 19.

If you place a new order for the exact same item now, it will display with a delivery date on November 15 when it is released -- even though orders placed earlier are not expected to arrive until later, which makes absolutely no sense. So, I cancelled my original pre-order and then re-ordered the exact same thing afterwards to get it delivered on Friday.

Of course, I have no plans whatsoever to listen to the CD until after I get home from seeing the movie because I want to hear the songs for the first time in the context of the film. So it wouldn't actually be a big problem if it had come on the 19th, since I won't listen to it until late on the 21st regardless.

However, it's the principle of the thing. Release date delivery on pre-orders is an advertised benefit of Prime, and I intend to hold Amazon to that. It's bad enough that their little pissing contest with Disney has led to being unable to buy Blu-rays on their site with reliable shipping. That feud has never extended beyond movies and TV shows -- I've been able to buy other Disney products from Amazon reliably -- and I don't want them to slack on something as important as Frozen II.

In other news, back in August when they announced at D23 that Evan Rachel Wood is playing Anna and Elsa's mother, I was wondering about their father, as you can see from a post on the previous page. Maurice LaMarche voiced that role in the first movie, so I thought they would just use him again. But the article I posted yesterday confirmed that Anna and Elsa's father will now be voiced by Alfred Molina, and it does sound like him in the final trailer. He's obviously a very talented actor and has a great voice, so I'm curious to hear what he does with the character. Per the article, he also happens to be Jennifer Lee's boyfriend.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Another great interview with Kristin Bell, Idina Menzel and Josh Gad. This one opens with a clip, which I muted and zipped through since I'm avoiding footage. The Kimmel interview in my above post had a clip in the middle.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The cast of Frozen on Broadway saw Frozen II yesterday.

Reactions:

Patti Murin (Anna) said:
Yesterday the company of #FrozenBroadway was invited to an advance screening of #Frozen2. Guys. This movie is incredible. It’s visually STUNNING, the music is out of this world, and the story will make you laugh until you pee your pants, and then find yourself crying because you’re so moved. I’ve never been so grateful to be part of the Frozen family at large, or more inspired to take the stage at the St. James as Anna.

Ryann Redmond (Olaf) said:
Get ready y’all. #Frozen2 is hysterical, charming, emotional, and more. Laughed and cried my snow butt off!! @joshgad, you SLAY ME.

’ll say it again, run to see Frozen 2! It does NOT disappoint. Yesterday we all got to see @disneyfrozen together and it was magical and fun and moving and so much more. Shoutout to our very own @matteaconforti on voicing Young Elsa in this very special movie. Don't miss it!"

Mattea Conforti, who voices Young Elsa in the flashback scenes for Frozen II, previously originated the role of Young Anna in Frozen on Broadway, alternating performances with Audrey Bennett.

If I see more reactions come in later, I'll edit this post accordingly.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon is now shipping pre-orders of the soundtrack CD with the songs on it, which comes out Friday. Mine got sent out at 1:20pm this afternoon.

However, Disney still hasn't provided details or a date for the release of the instrumental score, which is not included on the same disc this time. It was reported a while back that it is going to be available separately, but there has been no further information about such a release. I do hope it still happens. I tweeted Christophe Beck asking about this. We'll see if he responds.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I feel bad for the ushers at the movie theaters.

A variant on the old story about Sinatra's appearance as a young singer at the Paramount Theater in NYC in the early '40s...where he was met by jillions of young, screaming women (akin to the Beatles at their US appearances in the mid-60s).

As one wag put it, "There wasn't a dry seat in the house..."

:D

YDS54SKRDYO66MNB3M35SM6OPI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks