Frozen 3D Bungle?!

Paul Hillenbrand

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Mark-P said:
Has anyone had their Amazon UK pre-order ship yet? Today is release day and mine still says "preparing for dispatch." I thought most pre-orders were supposed to ship a couple of days before release day.
Received a dispatch email on March 29 for delivery to California.
We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Mark,

I received my email on March 29.
Hello,We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

Mark-P

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Mark Probst
Paul Hillenbrand said:
Received a dispatch email on March 29 for delivery to California.
Brett_B said:
Mark,

I received my email on March 29.
Thanks, guys. I am having a real run of bad luck with orders getting shipped in a timely fashion.

DavidJ

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Ronald Epstein said:
Neither do I.

In fact, I know they read this forum. They clearly know the dilemma that
all of us have as to whether we should import this title or wait for a possible
October release.

Most other studios would give a "heads up" to consumers -- just as a
courtesy.

Knowing the situation and the highly publicized anger from fans about the
lack of 3D release, you would think that Disney could at least make a
statement on this matter before the import release sale date.
You would think, but obviously not. It's pretty rare for me to get up in arms about a studio's handling of a release, but I'm quite irritated by the way they've handled this.
Johnny Angell said:
You've hit the nail right on the head. Why couldn't they just release the 3D version with all the bells and whistles along with the 2D? Answer: they want to gouge (and I don't use that word lightly) the consumer for all they can. They know there are countless parents out there with a zillion kids screaming for the title. I have sympathy for the parents with little kids who don't want to wait an extra day. Disney of course sees them as cash cows to milk dry.

I think their actions illustrates Disney's attitude. "You don't like what we are doing, too bad. Tell your kids you're not buying Frozen." I think Disney shows more contempt for its consumer base than any other studio.
And that's what I've done so far. We are waiting for a US 3D release.

SFMike

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael
DavidJ said:
You would think, but obviously not. It's pretty rare for me to get up in arms about a studio's handling of a release, but I'm quite irritated by the way they've handled this.

And that's what I've done so far. We are waiting for a US 3D release.
I've been up in arms with Disney since their botched release of "OZ the Great And Powerful". Add this to the total disregard to those of us interested in the 3D release of "Frozen" and you have a once loyal Disney consumer who has lost faith in Disney marketing. The fact that they won't even make a statement when directly asked up until their recent in the fall maybe something special run-around is a pathetic way to run a marketing department. As I said before, anyone on this board could do a better job marketing 3D than the current amateurs with business degrees at Disney. If it wasn't for the kids I would just forget the whole "Frozen" purchase.

Reactions: MatthewA

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Received notification from Amazon UK of dispatch a few days ago.

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Sean
Mark-P said:
Has anyone had their Amazon UK pre-order ship yet? Today is release day and mine still says "preparing for dispatch." I thought most pre-orders were supposed to ship a couple of days before release day.
Mine also shipped on March 29th.

Amazon.co.uk usually ship pre-orders on the Saturday before (Monday is usually new release day in the UK), but several months ago, I was also having trouble with orders that were hanging in "preparing for dispatch" mode, sometimes for 2-3 days after release date. I actually called Amazon.co.uk customer service and gave them a stern (but polite) talking to, and I have not had a problem since.

MatthewA

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Matthew
I got a similar email to Ron's from Amazon.co.uk.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Gary
I ended up cancelling my Amazon UK pre-order yesterday morning since it had still not yet shipped and while in a chat session, I got confirmation from a CSR that it would not come with a slipcover (although one was pictured on the site when I originally ordered). Over the weekend, I read on an international site that some Amazon UK customers had received slipcover versions, while others did not. Since mine hadn't shipped, I decided to chat to see if I could get confirmation on my order one way or the other. Since I already have the 2D Target edition, I will sit tight and wait to see what happens in the fall. I figure I'll be able to snag the US 3D version (even if it is special edition) for the same price, or less than the UK import.

bujaki

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Not only did I get my dispatch notice from Amazon UK last week, but today I received a 2 pounds sterling credit for my pre-order. Total 18 pounds sterling plus postage.
Not aware of inclusion or absence of slipcover.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell
pitchman said:
I ended up cancelling my Amazon UK pre-order yesterday morning since it had still not yet shipped and while in a chat session, I got confirmation from a CSR that it would not come with a slipcover (although one was pictured on the site when I originally ordered). Over the weekend, I read on an international site that some Amazon UK customers had received slipcover versions, while others did not. Since mine hadn't shipped, I decided to chat to see if I could get confirmation on my order one way or the other. Since I already have the 2D Target edition, I will sit tight and wait to see what happens in the fall. I figure I'll be able to snag the US 3D version (even if it is special edition) for the same price, or less than the UK import.
Seriously? You canceled because you won't get a slipcover? I get it if you want to wait for the US 3D, but no slipcover seems like a nit to me.

Reactions: cafink

pitchman

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Gary
Johnny Angell said:
Seriously? You canceled because you won't get a slipcover? I get it if you want to wait for the US 3D, but no slipcover seems like a nit to me.
Believe it or not, I'm normally not anal about things like this. The slipcover was just the tipping point this time around. As mentioned, I already picked up the Frozen 2D combo pack with the Target exclusive bonus disc, so it's not like I don't already have a copy of the movie. Like several others here, I had originally pre-ordered the US 3D combo pack on Amazon. When Disney suddenly scrapped that release, my Amazon pre-order also got cancelled. When it became clear that North America was the only region to not be getting a 3D release, I pre-ordered it from Amazon UK. Since that time, we've now gotten sort of (semi) confirmation that a "deluxe" 3D version is coming later in the year. Besides the 3D Blu-ray, the UK version doesn't provide me with anything I don't already have. The "Fall" release is purported to...but, only time will tell on that count. If I were to keep my Amazon UK pre-order, I'd already be in to Frozen for roughly $50. To spend another $25-$30 later in the year for the version that Disney should have put out in the first place, is something I'm not willing to do. It's bad enough they got me on the hook to double-dip (which more and more seems was their plan in the first place), but to triple-dip on Frozen? No way. As always, YMMV...

Brandon Conway

captveg
Reaction score
Real Name
Brandon Conway
When I think about all the money I could have made on the side on thrown away slipcases I just chuckle to myself. But then I remember I don't care enough about that, either. :P

cafink

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Carl Fink
I, too, usually just throw away the slipcovers.

MatthewA

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Matthew
I, quite frankly, could not care less about slipcovers. At that other site that discusses the same stuff we discuss here, every time any Disney movie is discussed, 2/3rds of the conversation is about the stupid covers, 1/4 is about the inevitable transfer and extras issues (which matter far, far more IMO), and very little is about the actual movies themselves. It's all wasted resources, frankly.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Reaction score
Real Name
Brandon Conway
And heaven forbid someone orders a Scream Factory title online and it arrives without one...

Reactions: Stephen_J_H

Paul Hillenbrand

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Brandon Conway said:
When I think about all the money I could have made on the side on thrown away slipcases I just chuckle to myself. But then I remember I don't care enough about that, either. :P
cafink said:
I, too, usually just throw away the slipcovers.
MatthewA said:
I, quite frankly, could not care less about slipcovers.......
The change is significant for collectors of library art for consumer home shelves. More significant because of a billion dollar animation feature that Disney is not encouraging by providing artistic physical ownership value. Has anyone commented about receiving a UK slip-cover?

Mark-P

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Mark Probst
Well I had to rattle the cage over at Amazon UK about my pre-order. It forced them to look into it, and so my order finally dispatched today!

SFMike

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael
Just recieved my copy in the mail! Haven't had a chance to give it a spin. There was no UK slip-cover. I like when they give us a 3D lenticular cover. Anyway, I'm happy to be able to watch "Frozen" in blu-ray quality as streaming 3D just isn't up to the same standard. The question still remains as to why we were not offered this nice blu-ray only edition. I'm still of the opinion that this all has to do with Disney wanting out of US 3D blu-ray distrbution due it's lack of being a major reveune point and not because they are hoping to make a killing on a special edition in the fall. Finally they produce a 3D blu-ray edition that I want (2 discs only) and they only release it in Europe. Why not try this disc configuration here? Well, at least I'm happy until the next bungle.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kanchibrneha