What's new

front suggestions (1 Viewer)

Eric Teeter

Auditioning
Hello, I am looking for some suggestions from the forum here for a good set of fronts and a subwoofer to build my HT theater around. I already an old set of floor speakers that I am going to use for my rears. I will add a center channel later as I can. I am also going to update my receiver later on.

Please let me know what you think would be a good sub and set of fronts in the $750-$900 range.

I have looked up and down the forum and see speaker suggestions but they usually don't say how much they run and when I look them up they may cost $1200 which is beyond my budget.

Also someone told me about some Atlantic Technology T70 surround system on sale for $549. Would that system be worthwhile or would I be better served to go with the floor standing fronts with a better sub? If anybody has any experience with the Atlantics let me know.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
You may want to check Axiom audio for the speakers. I havn't personally heard them, but they are supposed to be quite good. Athena and JBL are 2 possibilities also, and you can audition those at Best Buy. They also carry the popular Klipsch. Those seem to be love 'em or hate 'em speakers around here. I went with Polk Audio, who Circuit City carries, and I havn't looked back since. These can be love 'em or hate 'em too, almost the opposite of Klipsch it seems. I really enjoy these.

For subs, Klipsch is good to look into. I like Velodyne more, but thats my personal preference. I'm not sure what you can get from SVS with that budget, but if you can, I would get one from there if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks