What's new

Front Speakers Recommendations (1 Viewer)

lordderth

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Harvey
I have a Yamaha 7.1 Channel HDMI Receiver (HTR6080) with PSB Alpha Mini and a Mirage P58 for a 5.1 system with Sony 1080p 52" Widescreen LCD HDTV BRAVIA (KDL52XBR4). I am planning to slowly upgrade the speakers starting with buying two towers. What would be a good choice?
PSB Image tower T65? What about Poke (RTiA5) or Klipsch (Synergy Series F-2), Infinity Beta 40 3-way or Energy Reference Connoisseur 3-way RC-30?

How important is voice matching? I read one place that indicates if I am using the speakers more for movies and HD TV then it is not as essential as for music. I do not want to change all five speakers now.

Current room size is not too large but I am planning a move and could end up with a larger room for the home theatre.

Buckethead78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Voice matching is pretty important, as you want the voicing to transfer seamlessly across the front sound-stage. It's pretty wired when the channels change timbre or voicing across the front.

That being said, if you are going to start upgrading slowly, I would recommend changing the center first, as that's the workhorse of your surround system.

You can get some serious deals on the Polk Rti's (last years models) now if you search around. I just got the Rti8's and Csi3 center and am very satisfied

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
yes you want your front three speakers to match, at a minimum. i'd say get the front 3 at the same time, if you can. it would really suck to get the center or mains and than not be able to get the matching speaker(s) down the road for whatever reason. the only reason i'd say voice matching for music might be less important, is because you'd only be using the front 2 speakers anyway. if you're using all of them, it certainly could matter.

i think the psb image series is great. it's on sale at saturday audio.com

these for $300/pr

this for $220

they have the towers on sale too (t45&t55 $500&$630 respectively), all only in maple.

now the first question i have is why you want the towers? the second is do you have or are you planning on getting a sub?

towers will generally not give you better bass over a bookshelf/sub system. towers may actually get you better mids and upper bass if used with a sub, properly. anyway, that's why i ask.

if money is a factor, i'd buy a good bookshelf and a decent sub over a nice tower and no sub. especially if this is for movies, for music, i might reconsider.

good luck

yes you want your front three speakers to match, at a minimum. i'd say get the front 3 at the same time, if you can. it would really suck to get the center or mains and than not be able to get the matching speaker(s) down the road for whatever reason. the only reason i'd say voice matching for music might be less important, is because you'd only be using the front 2 speakers anyway. if you're using all of them, it certainly could matter.

these for $300/pr

this for $220

they have the towers on sale too (t45&t55 $500&$630 respectively), all only in maple.

now the first question i have is why you want the towers? the second is do you have or are you planning on getting a sub?

towers will generally not give you better bass over a bookshelf/sub system. towers may actually get you better mids and upper bass if used with a sub, properly. anyway, that's why i ask.

if money is a factor, i'd buy a good bookshelf and a decent sub over a nice tower and no sub. especially if this is for movies, for music, i might reconsider.

good luck

these for $300/pr

this for $220

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks