What's new

Front Speaker Suggestions for 70" LED with bedroom behind it (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Douglas
Ladies & Gentleman,

It's ben a while since I've had to build a surround system. Just sold my home and moveid into a new house. I'm not a audiophile and won't be purchasing Martin Logan or super high-end speakers/reciever. However, since I've been out of the research for speakers/equipment...I would appreciate your assistance.

I've attached the floorplan of our new home and will be installing a 70" LCD TV on the wall in the great room. The master bedroom shares the same wall as the TV will be mounted.In our past home, I installed Sonance THX certified in-walls for the front and Sonance in-ceiling to complete my 5.1. BTW, I had two Definitive Tech inwall subs.

However, now..with the master bedroom wall behind the TV...The wife doesn't want that noise/vibration/"boom-boom". I'm sure if I wanted to rip the drywall down..isolate the studs and put batting and the high price noise dampning drywall...I could do this. However, I'm looking for a better alternative.

I'm thinking a good soundbar or a LCR that mounts on the wall might be less work and would definately be less sound in th emaster bedroom. If you can agree....can you suggest a good sound bar/LCR (does not have to be one of those soundbars with amplification..(since I'm also looking for a good 7.1 receiver..I was thinking the Denon with Audessy). Something that will look good under a 70"?

I will be reusing the Sonance in-ceilings for the rest of the surronds and I have a Veladyne powered sub that I will test in the corner to see how that works.

Thanks to all,

Doug

Attachments

• floor plan reversed.pdf
    68.5 KB · Views: 132
Real Name
Douglas
can't seem to find any reviews for the above mentioned bar. Not to mention availability looks scarce..is it discontinued?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There is one(and there is usually one one) re-seller on Amazon.

Otherwise Pinnacle is "mom and pop" only. Easiest way to find Pinnacle is to find an AV installer/Directv dealer. Probably 90% of Pinnacle is "installer" sale. That is one of the reasons Pinnacle is one of the few speaker manufacturers with "cash on hand".

That and most shops call it by its full name, Quantum Plasma. There is the(If I remember correctly) 3, 5, 7, 9(LCR) and 15(LCR). It is called the Quantum Plasma because Pioneer went to them, way back when, and said..."Hey can you make some speakers to match our TVs?"

Real Name
Douglas
Well..I would like to her it first..I've seen post where they were on sale for under $500....not surei want to pay $1300-$2000.

Wonder why no one else has other suggestions?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Cause nobody likes to recommend a compromise.It is like asking which is better between the Energy Take and Mirage MX.About the only one I know of you might be able to demo is Def Tech...and only if a BB/Magnolia put one on display. Otherwise, you are buying blind. You could always buy 2-3 and audition them at home...return two of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks