What's new

Front Speaker Positioning (1 Viewer)

tgsssl

Auditioning
Real Name
Gregory K. Lang
Hello all, I just had a quick question.

I am in the process of setting up my surround sound system in preparation for an upgrade from a DLP projection screen TV to a projector system. Currently the FL/FR/C channel speakers are mounted along side and on top of the television but I was wondering where to put them when I switch to the projector setup.

I will be using one of my walls as the screen so I will not be able to place the speakers behind the screen, and the area I will be using covers almost the entire wall so if I put the speakers below they will be almost on the floor and if I put them above they will be almost at the ceiling.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Greg

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Welcome to the HTF.

If your only mounting choices are above and below the screen, I would mount above and have them directed down, aiming at the seating.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart

That's what I did. I actually had room on the sides for the 2 fronts, but wanted the speakers to disappear, so I tried them above the screen first. The ceiling angles there and it made a perfect angle toward the seating area. Worked out perfectly. Watching a movie, you'd never know the speakers were up there and since the wall and speakers are black, they just disappear.

Can you see them here?

latiger12

Auditioning
Real Name
Jamie

You definatly want them angled at the seating. I would mount them above the screen and point them downwards. You should still get the sound direction you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltby
Recent bookmarks