What's new

Front speaker height? (1 Viewer)

stevie ray

Auditioning
Just bought a new tv stand (20inches tall)and a new Sony 27 inch analog 4:3 tv to hold me over until lcd prices drop in the next year or so in which the Sony will move to the bedroom. I understand front speaker height should be close to ear level but the top of the tv is about 42 inches, which puts the speakers (Athena Micra 6's)at about 45 or so. Ear level on my couch is about 38. Would it be better to lower the front side speakers to ear level or put them at the same height as the center angled down slightly? I'm new to home theater and don't know if I'm being anal about the placement issue or not. Pioneer VSX-D914K receiver rounds out this set-up. Thanx, Steve

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Set your fronts to ear level and angle down the center at your listening position. It would make no sense to have 3 speaekrs above ear level so it sounds great above your head.

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Try to keep all tweeters at ear level at all possible...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Within a foot or so is acceptable for tweeter levels, so you should be OK. Even with eachother would be ideal, but that is not always an option.

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
To angle the center speaker down toward your listening position, as suggested above, you could try using a couple of those rubber door wedge things available at just about any hardware store. They are cheap, allow you to easily increase or decrease the downward angle, and being made out of rubber will prevent the center from slipping. Put them directly under the center, not the rear feet, to increase surface contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks