What's new

Front Projectors vs Sony's KF50WE610 - Trying To Decide (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
If any of you would like to give some insight into my indecision on which direction to take it would be very much appreciated - I have yet to view three FP units that I have in mind - assuming a local retailer sells them. They are: Sanyo Z2, Sony VPL HS20,& Panasonic PT 300U

I know there are other contenders but I am just getting familiar with front projectors - and judging from what I have heard there is a very good chance I will go that route. Viewing room dimensions are 11 x 22 and distance from screen will be 8 - 13 ft. ( approx. ) looking at a screen size of around 100". I would like to finally leave my 27" Mitsubishi - the HF bug has bitten me!

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Well I just bought the Sanyou Z1 because of the great price. The 3 FP's you are looking at are great. Really no news yet on the Z2 but if it is like the Z1 it is a great product. I can't beleive the picture you can get for the price of the thing. To think 4 months ago I was looking at a Pioneer 53" for $2,000 and I only spent $1,125 on the Z1 and I get twice the picture size. If you can hold off a little bit I know projectorcentral is going to be reviewing the Z2. I don't know much about the Sony but the Sanyo is going to be a great item for the price.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The predecessot to the HS20 (Sony HS10) put out a lot of picture for the price and with the improvements made, I would give it serious consideration as it has the resolution, contrast ratio and micro lens array to ensure a great picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks