What's new

Front Projectors Plus Piano HE 3100 (1 Viewer)

John McLean

Auditioning
After searching (about 1 year) for a rear projection TV and deciding on the Toshiba 57H81 I happened upon an ad for the Plus Piano HE 3100. Never thought of a front projector before because of the price. Well after talking to a friend at Consumer Electronics in Falmouth Me and reading more than a dozen reviews I have found the HT that was born to be in my dedicated room. I'll be purchasing as soon as I get my $4300.00 Fed Rebate check. Instead of a 57" picture in a cumbersome box weighting hundreds of pounds I'll have a 6' picture from a 4.4 pound sweet heart. If anyone here owns one I would like to know how it can project on the front or from the rear. THX in advance
John:D :D
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
John-
Most projectors have a setting in the menus to flip and rotate the image so that it can be seen correctly whether the projector is in front of or behind the screen, or if it is right side up or upside down in a ceiling mount. The manual on the Plus should have more details.
Rear projection is generally a little more difficult to set up; most pro RP setups use a mirror to reflect the image onto the screen (just like a consumer RPTV does), and installation can get tricky. Da-Lite offers a variety of screen fabrics for front and rear projection as well as some mirrors; check it out over at Link Removed
They have a good article on rear projection here: Link Removed
I'm sure you'll enjoy your Piano; FPTV is like a whole different world of HT enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks