What's new

front projector screen (1 Viewer)

whtstang99

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph
Hi,

I know for sure that im getting the 100u projector im now stuck on the screen. it will be in the basement so light is not an issue. does the screen realy make that much of a diffrence. I mean i will be using a greay screen to help out with the black levels in all. but other than the color will the brand realy be work the extra cash?

whtstang99

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph
so is everyone just buying an expensive screen because its expensive? because if no one knows why they are worth the extra cash then it leaves me to believe that its an uneducated purchase.. Im not trying to be rude or anything I just want to get my money's worth. any information would be helpful guys. thank's

David Ruiz

Second Unit
Right now, I'm just using a cheap $50 screen I got on Ebay. I've never used anything else. I've only had my projector for a few months now (3 months?). Anyway, I've read that a company called Stewart Grayhawk (or something similar) makes the best projection screens in the world. They are very, very expensive, but according to the reviews I've read, those particular screens do bring out a ton of detail that other (cheaper) screens can not.

I plan on buying such a screen in the future when I can afford it, but for now, I'll just have to stick to my cheap screen.

Jason Sweet

Stunt Coordinator
I've been using a Greywolf II screen for about 4 months, so far I really like it. Good colors and black levels, and I only paid $150 for a 92" pulldown.
Best Buy wants $2500 for their Stewart screens, and my setup looks way better than anything I've seen demo'ed in a store.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I have been using inexpensive screens for the little over two years I have owned a projector. I believe based on what I have seen that a good screen designed for your specific environment works better, but not enough to justify the price for me. I have used a Da-Lite Model B pulldown 77" diagonal screen and now use a home made 100" diagonal screen. The materials cost me about $100 to make the screen.

Like most things with this hobby, in my opinion the incremental cost above acceptable quality never gets a good performance/dollar rating from me. Incremental value per dollar spent is not good when you get up to the $1,000 plus screens.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks