Front Projector Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith E, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Keith E

Keith E Stunt Coordinator

I have a Sanyo front projector and the black level is not real great. Is there any type of device I can purchase to enhance the picture and black level or should I just stick this out and save up and upgrade my projector in the future.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Keith

2. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Is it a lcd fp?

Jon

3. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Which screen do you have?

4. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

If you've got one of their LCD projectors the answer is yes, there's a lot you can do to improve the blacks.

Right now lots of guys are using some sort of red filter to get better blacks out of Sony, Sanyo, and other LCD projectors...heck...even some DLP projectors.

Go to avscience.com, click "forums", and then click the forum that deals with digital projectors and do a search on black level or red filter or something. You'll end up with a lot to read!!!

-dave

5. GaryM

GaryM Agent

The best solution for you would be a GrayHawk screen from Stewart, or perhaps even the new FireHawk. These screens offer on-axis gain so you get a nice bright picture, but they also have gray pigments incorporated which reduce the effect of ambient light and twice-reflected light which first reflected off the screen, then the room furnishings, then back onto the screen. You didn't mention which Sanyo, but many Sanyo's are fairly bright which means they will light up the room with scattered light.

Gary