What's new

Front Projection, but I thought all TV's were viewed from the front :) (1 Viewer)

Peter Steele

Auditioning
Hello to all.
First just to say that I have been around AV forums for some time now, I usually go under the alias 'Converseahorse', so you may have bumped into me before! This is to be my first post here.
So I am far from being new to HT but as this post will reveal I am pretty ignorant on the subject of FPTV. Now I know, believe me :) but I am about to break my own morals! I've seen it a 100 times where someone comes along and asks an age old question...that has an age old answer! But I am finding it difficult to pin down this information, so please be nice to me as I have been to others :) :star: :b
So what am I looking for, I hear you ask!
Well I'm looking for the 101 on projectors, whats good, whats bad. Terminology, Resolution, brightness, keyrock...sorry stone (lame joke), display type etc etc. I'm not looking for a specific model but rather what to look for in a model, but feel free to steer me in a direction. Remember I am well versed in HT terminology...I am not in projector terms!
If you have a link to a web page or another thread, great, or you can write your own personal guide!
It's a horrible task I've set, I know, but I hope I can return the favour some day.
Thanks X 1000
be good

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Also for basic knowledge on each individual projector and current specs as well as definitions www.projectorcentral.com is a great place to start. After that avsforum is THE place to get expertise on this subject. I wouldn't be a proud owner of a front projection system if it wasn't for that site.
And I'll never go back to direct view. :)

Peter Steele

Auditioning
Thanks for the link Vince, I have been at AVS before but as I say it can prove difficult to track down specific info.

Cheers Jason, is that your Cinema link...I've seen it over at DVDReview! Nice set up.

Thanks both again

Keep it comming!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks