What's new

Front Panel USB DIY (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey all.

I am once again coming here for hard to find computer help. :)

I have a case for my computer, a Raidmax if it matters, that has a little door on the very bottom with a headphone jack, 2 USB ports and a "Cutout" where I imagine I could add another port, like a Firewire which is exactly what i wanna do. Where could I find a simple single plug standard size Firewire PLUG that I could fit in that extra slot? I would need one that plugs into my Motherboard, as I have plenty of left over spots for external firewire plugs.

i know they have little 3 1/2 inch bays you can stick in the floppy slot that gives you front panel connections, but I really just wanna use the one slot if it's possible and if they even sell what I'm asking for here.

Thanks

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
You could get one of the motherboard extensions that fit into a rear slot and take it apart and mount one of them on the front panel. They should only run $5 - $8. You might even get them with your motherboard hardware , USB are readily available but I don't know about Firewire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks