What's new

Front Panel on Panny 47WX42 (1 Viewer)

Matt Amato

Stunt Coordinator
Does the front panel on thew newer Panasonic 47WX42 slide off in the same manner as last years model for access to Focus and Screen POTS? The only tweak I've done so far is fixing overscan, and the next thing I would like to attempt to fix is the blue focus, since it's pretty fuzzy. This is most noticable when doing convergence, as the blue cross is not sharp at all. I read up on how to do e-focus and manual focus at panny.tv, and figured I'd try the e-focus first. I didn't want to force the front panel off however until I was sure it's supposed to come off in the same manner.

Thanks,
Matt

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
It does pop off in that same manner that speaker grilles do, though not as easy. There are about 4 spots (little rubber tipped plastic thingies...you know what I mean) that need to be removed. The ones on the corners can be easy but there is one directly in the center that is a bit tougher. I ended up sliding a broom handle behind the panel after I had disconnected all but the center one to pry the cover off. Pulling from the sides would have cracked something for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks