What's new

Front channel layout (1 Viewer)

Brenden

Grip
I don’t have too many options for my front speaker layout. My TV is in a corner (best option I have) and I don’t have too many options for placement other than 8" from the sides of the TV. I can carry out the RF speaker about 8-12 feet from the TV, but the LF speaker will only get closer to the couch. So, if I leave the fronts at 8 inches (btw should they be further forward than the center channel?)Will the surround effects be affected? What is a good rule of thumb for placing the fronts?

Thanks for all the help.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I have the same dilemna with speakers with dual 6 inch woofers. I believe the rule of thumb is 2 feet from the t.v. and about 8 to 10 feet apart from each other for better seperation. What I did was move the speakers about 5 inches past the t.v. and that gave me a couple more inches apart from each other on each side. Difference is noticeable.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, given the room layout, you can't expect a miracle. Sorry to say it, but you will simply have to try different things until you find one that works for you.

Yes, the mains should be slightly out front of the display, but the center should be flush with the TV or even sticking out a bit if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks