What's new

From these symptoms, will this DVD record to a DVD recorder??? (1 Viewer)

Chuck Antinoro

Auditioning
I load the DVD in question in my standard SONY DVP-S530D player. I connect, via s-video to my Hi 8 camcorder. I’m able to record to Hi 8 with no problems. Same goes for my VCR. As a test I tried most of my other DVDs and usually get a “Copy Protection: Unable to Record” message on my camcorder or a jumpy/discolored screen on my VCR. If I buy a DVD recorder, will I be able to record excerpts of the non-copy protected (???) DVD? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Maybe. DVD recorders have CGMS copy-protection in them, so even if you can defeat Macrovision, CGMS isn't necessarily defeated. There are a few options available for DVD copying (not that I advocate it or think it's worthwhile, considering how reasonably-priced DVDs are). Have a look at the 'DVD and LD Hardware' section @ avsforum.com.

Update: Sorry, didn't read your post carefully. Since you say non-protected DVDs, you should be able to copy. Can't be sure until you try.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks