1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

From the "Thank God for Netflix" department: Movie Ticket Prices Going Up This Weekend

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Tony J Case, Mar 25, 2010.

1. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    I won't pay these prices to see 3-d movies.
    Barely pay to see 2-d, last movie we went to was Watchmen.

It's too much money and too much of a hassle.

2. Jessie Facev

Jessie Facev Auditioning

Jessie Facev
    I love watching movies in theaters while eating popcorn and drinking soda but I hate to pay for a high theater concession. What a lot of people do not know is that theaters have to have high prices on concessions, Good reason exists for movie theater concession prices. That is where theaters obtain the most profits and otherwise, ticket prices would be over the top and no one would go to the movies.

3. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120306/LETTERS/120309992 http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120308/LETTERS/120309979

4. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    As long as theaters remain semi-reasonable, it stays as one of the cheapest way to get a girl into a dark room for two hours and break opening ice, there will still be plenty of kids who attend. Sorry, us older married people may bitch and moan, but I don't know, for all the "well, youtube is free, and Netflix is.. " yeah, that's not really great first date material. I'd pay.. as long as the quality of what I'm seeing is good. If the quality of what I'm seeing sucks, then it's a different story.

5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    Still cheaper than installing a 45' feet screen in my apartment...

6. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

LOL! It seems every time I go to the movie theater it goes up. I purchase the same movie ticket and popcorn/soda and I pay more each time I go.

7. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Lead Actor
    Supporter

Regardless of rising prices there are still certain movies that I go to see at the theatre because they have to be seen on a large screen for maximum impact. If I go to see PROMETHEUS, it will be in a theatre first. There is no way a film like that is going to have the visual impact of a theatrical viewing on NETFLIX. In my case, big action films and animated films have to be seen on the big screen; other types of films, such as comedies, I can watch at home. I see no need to spend money on theatrical viewings of most live action comedies or dramas. it sucks that it costs 12 bucks or more for a film, but has anyone attended a professional hockey, football or baseball game or any concert in the last little while? Go see how ridiculous the ticket prices have gotten for those types of events. Seeing those prices puts a new perspective on movie ticket prices. Hell, two beers in a bar cost as much as a movie ticket.

8. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Have you seen some of the screens at recently-built theaters lately? Some of them are hardly bigger than my TV, with the auditorium about the size of a closet.

9. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    Sometime we just want to get out of the house for entertainment. :)