What's new

From the "Thank God for Netflix" department: Movie Ticket Prices Going Up This Weekend (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I won't pay these prices to see 3-d movies.
Barely pay to see 2-d, last movie we went to was Watchmen.

It's too much money and too much of a hassle.

Jessie Facev

Auditioning
Real Name
Jessie Facev
I love watching movies in theaters while eating popcorn and drinking soda but I hate to pay for a high theater concession. What a lot of people do not know is that theaters have to have high prices on concessions, Good reason exists for movie theater concession prices. That is where theaters obtain the most profits and otherwise, ticket prices would be over the top and no one would go to the movies.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120306/LETTERS/120309992 http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120308/LETTERS/120309979

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
As long as theaters remain semi-reasonable, it stays as one of the cheapest way to get a girl into a dark room for two hours and break opening ice, there will still be plenty of kids who attend. Sorry, us older married people may bitch and moan, but I don't know, for all the "well, youtube is free, and Netflix is.. " yeah, that's not really great first date material. I'd pay.. as long as the quality of what I'm seeing is good. If the quality of what I'm seeing sucks, then it's a different story.

Al_S

Second Unit
it stays as one of the cheapest way to get a girl into a dark room for two hours
LOL! It seems every time I go to the movie theater it goes up. I purchase the same movie ticket and popcorn/soda and I pay more each time I go.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Regardless of rising prices there are still certain movies that I go to see at the theatre because they have to be seen on a large screen for maximum impact. If I go to see PROMETHEUS, it will be in a theatre first. There is no way a film like that is going to have the visual impact of a theatrical viewing on NETFLIX. In my case, big action films and animated films have to be seen on the big screen; other types of films, such as comedies, I can watch at home. I see no need to spend money on theatrical viewings of most live action comedies or dramas. it sucks that it costs 12 bucks or more for a film, but has anyone attended a professional hockey, football or baseball game or any concert in the last little while? Go see how ridiculous the ticket prices have gotten for those types of events. Seeing those prices puts a new perspective on movie ticket prices. Hell, two beers in a bar cost as much as a movie ticket.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Have you seen some of the screens at recently-built theaters lately? Some of them are hardly bigger than my TV, with the auditorium about the size of a closet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks