What's new

from the freak who brought you the "DIVX Only" list... THE IMAGE/UNIVERSAL list! (1 Viewer)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Early in the history of DVD, Universal lisenced out a number of titles to Image Entertainment. These DVDs tended to re-use old laserdisc transfer, were almost always non-anamorphic and contain very few extras, if any. And they are now out of print and are very hard to find.

Slowly, Universal has begun to re-release these titles, usually with new superior transfers and in some cases, substantial extras.

This is my first pass at a comprehensive list... any input would be appreciated!

Out-Of-Print Image/Universal titles:[*]Abbott And Costello In The Foreign Legion[*]Animal Crackers[*]Belle Of The Nineties[*]Buck Privates[*]Buck Privates Come Home[*]Cocoanuts[*]Double Indemnity[*]Dracula (1979)[*]Duck Soup[*]Electric Horseman[*]Firestarter[*]Flash Gordon[*]Ghost Story[*]Horse Feathers[*]I'm No Angel[*]In The Navy[*]Journey to the Far Side of the Sun[*]Kiss Of The Vampire[*]Klondike Annie[*]Mad Dog And Glory[*]Man Of A Thousand Faces[*]Mask[*]Matinee[*]Monkey Business[*]Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie[*]Quantum Leap: The Pilot Episode[*]Radioland Murders[*]Seven Percent Solution[*]Slaughterhouse 5[*]This Island Earth[/list]
Re-Issued by Universal:[*]Amazon Women On The Moon[*]Andromeda Strain [*]Brighton Beach Memoirs[*]Casual Sex?[*]Cat People[*]Farhenheit 451[*]Legal Eagles[*]Midnight Run[*]Midway[*]Monty Python And The Meaning Of Life[*]Prince of Darkness[*]Road To Morocco[*]Road To Utopia[*]Serpent And The Rainbow[*]Silent Running[*]Sixteen Candles[*]Tales From The Crypt: Bordello Of Blood[*]Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight[*]They Live[*]Weird Science[/list]

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
You've covered all of the titles that I'm aware of.

I desperately want new versions of "Double Indemnity" and all of the Marx Bros. movies.

Haden

Supporting Actor
I'd rather they start releasing season sets of Quantum Leap than re-release the pilot episode DVD.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I just want MST3K the movie back. I don't care if its as bare bone as the old one. Just something which can replace my laserdisc.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Since Universal apparently isn't allowing Criterion a chance and Double Indemnity one can only hope a remake is in the works, starring, I dunno... Demi Moore (as Mrs Diectrichson) Sharon Stone (in the Neff role), and Jack Black (as Keyes)...at least then, if Universal does what they did with Charade and Scarface, maybe we'll see the original contained as an "bonus feature."

I have the "farmed out" Image Entertainment verison of Double Indemnity, and Billy Wilder's definitive film noir deserves an SE if anything does.

Mark

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I just want MST3K the movie back. I don't care if its as bare bone as the old one.
But it would be awesome if they included the cut host segment and alternate ending. Also a behind the scenes look at making the movie would be great. I am sure that James Mallon has tons of footage of the making of the film.

--Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks