1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

"From the Earth to the Moon" on Blu-ray July 16th

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Robert Crawford, Apr 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RMajidi

RMajidi Screenwriter

Ramin
    Throughout my life, nothing - no social, sporting, political or other undertaking - has come close to imparting the palpable sense of the triumph of humanity the way the NASA projects did.

While distinctly American, NASA’s endeavours were representative of us all, and in whatever corner of the globe we were, we all felt intimately connected and invested in the unbelievable achievements of these pioneers.

So far in my lifetime, nothing else has come close to topping the moon-landings. I live in hope that we will aspire to such heroic and intrepid heights again, if only to reignite that sense of human oneness that those deeds inspired.

2. Jeff Flugel

Jeff Flugel Screenwriter

Jeff Flugel
    Very nicely said, Ramin!

3. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    You're welcome!

I was surprised that the video fleshes out the article. I almost didn't watch it thinking the article was the typical printout of the video. I much prefer text over video (I can read the article much faster than a video would play), typically leave a page if the story is video only, and almost never watch videos on a text based article page.

Be sure to follow the link in the story to the Smithsonian article on Margaret Hamilton. It, too, is quite good and inspiring.

Flashgear and RMajidi like this.
  4. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Agreed Ramin! Human beings going to the moon and landing and returning to Earth was a monumental achievement.

Doug Wallen, Flashgear and RMajidi like this.