What's new

From Hell DVD Details (1 Viewer)

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I like this film quite a bit. Never read the graphic novel, so I can't compare the two, but as a movie, I thought it was well-done.

The commentary track is very good, at least until the end, when one of the Hughes Brothers starts rambling a bit and then finally realizes he's running off at the mouth and then admits: "I just hit the pipe."

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
The graphic novel is one of the most amazing things I've read in the last few years, and the film was...quite a letdown. But as was stated here, it looks and sounds GREAT, and the Jack The Ripper docu on the 2-disc set (OOP?) is fantastic.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
The Limited Director's Edition is(was) a two-disc version which makes the Special Edition the one-disc version. You're basically losing the special features, but to be honest, I don't remember caring much for the special features.
I was researching this because I saw both available to rent from Blockbuster Online, (I'm doing that now). Over at DVD Talk in their reviews, they show both a SE and a LDE. The reviews for both of those show that both are 2 Disc. Did someone make a mistake writing a review? Or is it a problem of someone calling the version by the wrong name, SE when in fact they reviewed the LDE?

So as far as you know, there is no difference in the movie itself or the running time, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks