What's new

"From Genesis to Revelation" - best CD version? (1 Viewer)

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
This question is for all early Genesis fans out there: Which CD of FGtR is the best one in terms of sound quality? I suspect it's the DCC remaster by Steve Hoffman, but does anyone have any other ideas? And whichever you recommend, do you also know where's the cheapest site to order it from? Thanks.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I can't help you, I only have one CD called "When the Sour Turns to Sweet" that has the b-side tracks on it too, but your post reminded me that I used to collect releases of that album on LP. I started with the original American and British releases (not bought at the time-I didn't get into Genesis until 1973), and then over the years kept picking up other releases. That thing must have been public domain, or else I had a bunch of bootlegs. At one time I must've had over 20 of them! I finally came to my senses and got rid of most of them before a big cross-state move. I kept a handful, the two originals and a few more with particularly cool covers.

It's a fascinating album, and a must-have for Peter Gabriel/Genesis fans, to see where they came from. They had talent right from the start.

"Music, all I hear is music, guaranteed to please..."

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
That thing must have been public domain, or else I had a bunch of bootlegs. At one time I must've had over 20 of them!
Not public domain, but just about: The rights to FGtR are owned by Jonathan King, the band's first manager/producer. They got absolutely nowhere commercially with him, and he dropped them after FGtR bombed big time. Since then, he's been licensing the album to pretty much any label who can pay whatever he's asking for it.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up and am currently listening to a 2 CD version of the album that has all the tracks, what I think are B-sides, and an interview. I don't know if it's the best sounding version available, but it's the biggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks