From Dusk Till Dawn - anamorphic!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Simon Massey, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer
    Supporter

Simon Massey
    I know this is an R1 area, but I have read previous posts complaining that the R1 release is non-anamorphic, and querying if it was available elsewhere.
    For those who want it, they have just released the R2 version in the UK and it is anamorphic [​IMG] It is a 2 disc set, and does include the Full Tilt Boogie documentary, as well as loads of other extras.

2. Roland Wandinger

Roland Wandinger Stunt Coordinator

Hi Simon
    Is this version uncut?
    Do you have the disc and how is the picture? I already have the french DVD which is also 16x9 but only interpolated and I also have the NTSC LD which has about all the extras of the new DVD. So the picture quality would have to be quite an improvement for me to purchase this title again.

3. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Simon, this isn't a R1 area?? Or has this thread been moved?
    Theo

4. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer
    Supporter

Simon Massey
    Roland
    I cant say what the picture quality is like compared to the copies you own, but I was more than happy with it.
    Theo
    I originally posted this is the R1 section because a lot of people were complaining about the non-anamorphic R1 version, and I thought they would like to know there is an anamorphic version available
    Although I understand why, it is a bit annoying then they lock your topic out just on the principle that it is an r2 topic, without considering the reasons why it was posted. However, I am sure the moderators have enough to do. [​IMG]

5. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Sorry, I meant to edit my comment but the site was totally slow and I was out the rest of the evening. I saw your original posting in 'software'. I'd thought before that the moved topic showed at the top that it had been moved from another area but this didn't seem to be the case.

6. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

I have R1 Spec. Edition & the R4 PAL movie only edition. You're right, the R1 is non-anamorphic. The R4 version is anamorphic, and looks ok, but is marred by some heavy handed subjective colour correction. They've tried to make the colours look more vibrant and 'natural' than they should have, in the process removing the stylized red hue and intentionally grimy colours which are prominent in the film, which spoils things quite a bit.