What's new

From Directivo to Dish? (1 Viewer)

DwightK

Second Unit
Dish now has my local channels and I can get UPN and WB.

I've been a Directivo customer since that came out and a D* customer since way before then. D* has sunday ticket and OLN (for bicycle racing but they only cover the TdF now sow that is a no nevermind anymore) which are not on E*.

This is a hard decision for me to switch as I like tivo and the NFL but getting locals OTA with terrible pic and no means to tivo them along with no UPN/WB sucks root.

Can I get a tivo working with a E* receiver and get and record locals? Is the E* PVR a major setback from tivo? Can I live without the NFL sunday ticket:)

Is the PVR in the 921 that bad in comparison? If so will a tivo record all from an 811 or somesuch?

I intend on up'ing to HD regardless of any other decision. And, no there are no OTA HD channels in my world, nor are there likely to be any for many years. Kinda sucks.

I just wish D* would get my locals (they wont) and offer WB/UPN (those don't exist here locally OTA). That would solve all my issues.

Thanks for any info.

Bappo

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Why don't you "move" to Boise? They may not be your locals but at least they are networks.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks