What's new

Fringe Season 4 (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Sweet! This is good news indeed. Now they can finish the series properly.

By the way, John Noble in this last episode was fantastic. He has fast become one of my favorite actors.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I hope they make the best of it. And, yes...the great shame of the Emmy's (amongst many) is never recognizing Noble. He is SO good on this show.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it is good news, though 13 episodes is less than ideal. Let's see how many episodes that gives us ....
20+23+22+22+13 = 100

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I assume that the deformed bullet Etta wears around her neck is the round that killed Olivia. Can't wait to hear that story.
This glimpse of a "bad" future put me in mind of "Days of Future Past", a two part story in X-Men (issues 141 and 142, 1981.) In that story Kate Pryde, living in a concentration camp for mutants in a dystopian future, projects her mind back into her her 12-year-old self, "Kitty" Pryde. "Kitty" then leads the present-day X-Men on a mission to prevent the political assassination that led to the future where the Sentinels rule and few mutants are left free. It was a high-water mark for the book. And the next issue they went back to their regular stories.
The nice thing about this kind of future/alternate timeline story is that you can do dramatic things like killing off your main characters (most of the familiar mutants who are still alive in Kate's future are dead by the end of the part 2.) Given that the Observers themselves are presented as time travelers it is quite possible that they will be able to return our heroes to 2013 and undo the events that led to what we've seen of 2036.
Regards,
Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
13 is a goodly amount of TV. It worked out for Chuck and I didn't feel we were cheated. They just don't have room to take as many side trips. And, I get my now-necessary Torv fix 13 more times. :P Unless she's killed off. :(

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Good to see that they'll get to wrap it up.
And I gotta give it up to Fox because any other network would have cancelled this show after its second season (let alone renewing it year after terribly rated year) and probably never put it on in the first place.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
And I gotta give it up to Fox because any other network would have cancelled this show after its second season (and probably never put it on in the first place).
Now to discount Fox, who have been behind this show heroically for four years, but kudos also goes to Warner Bros. for being willing to knock their fee down to a price Fox can still make money on.
As Greg said, "Chuck" went into its abbreviated final season knowing it was the last and made the most of it -- including one of my very favorite series finales. Thanks to this news, there's no one to blame but the show runners if "Fringe" doesn't come to a satisfying conclusion.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
For those who haven't seen it - the Fringe Season 5 trailer. :)
[VIDEO]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvWqOZL8JXA&feature=player_embedded[/VIDEO]
Regards,
Joe
P.S.
Tonight's glyph's spelled out "Alive". They revised them after the renewal deal was struck.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure how I feel about tonight's episode. On one hand, it felt like a rather perfunctory way to close the door on four seasons of mythology. On the other hand, it felt very much like the first third of a three part story. It explains why we heard nothing about the Other Side in last week's future episode, since presumably the other side had been permanently sealed off for over three decades by that point.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
One major flaw in last night's episode is that the folk from the Other Side weren't trying to find their versions of the other cortexiphan subjects. I thought finding them and bringing them to "our side" would have been a logical way of trying to stop the earthquakes. If you don't have one of each in the two universes Mr. Jones' plan shouldn't work.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Joseph DeMartino said:
Tonight's glyph's spelled out "Alive". They revised them after the renewal deal was struck.
Are you sure they revised them? I thought the glyphs were mainly pointing to a story point for next time - we saw Bell in amber in 2036, which means that in the current timeline he's "alive."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
NeilO said:
One major flaw in last night's episode is that the folk from the Other Side weren't trying to find their versions of the other cortexiphan subjects. I thought finding them and bringing them to "our side" would have been a logical way of trying to stop the earthquakes. If you don't have one of each in the two universes Mr. Jones' plan shouldn't work.
I was thinking the same thing. Actually, when Peter said, "I'm going to say what we're all thinking", I was thinking he was going to want to put a bullet in all of the alt-universe versions of the Cortexiphan subjects.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I just assumed it would take too long to find every Red Universe Cortexiphite, especially if they don't want to be found (which is likely). Time wasn't exactly on the heroes' side, here. I would have put a tracker on Nick, though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Josh Dial said:
I just assumed it would take too long to find every Red Universe Cortexiphite, especially if they don't want to be found (which is likely).  Time wasn't exactly on the heroes' side, here.  I would have put a tracker on Nick, though.
Your point holds on the time factor, but the red universe counterparts weren't subjected to the cortexiphan trials and, if the alt-Nick Lane is any indication, would have little to no inclination that there was anything special about them at all. So most of them were probably sticking to their normal routine and going to work and then home.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/315036/fringe-season-4/150#post_3920894
the red universe counterparts weren't subjected to the cortexiphan trials

Right. I just didn't know what non-clumsy term to use, other than "doppelgangers of the cortexiphan trials subjects" :)

Though you might be right that they would just be going about their usual business. If anything it would have been sound to put a few agents out there looking for each one.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
All I know is I had a few tears trickle from my eyes during the last few minutes. It was like saying goodbye to old friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks