What's new

Fringe season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Is Fauxlivia one of the names tossed around the fan sites? I'd heard BOlivia (which never made sense to me, unless it was Bad Olivia, but I never thought of her as the Evil Twin).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It was for B-Universe Olivia. And, yes, I grabbed the first Fringe thread I saw and it was season 2.

My post from there:

Fauxlivia.

No posts? Well, I just read at Futon that Fringe is winning the night. Good news!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'd heard BOlivia (which never made sense to me, unless it was Bad Olivia, but I never thought of her as the Evil Twin).

If I'm not mistaken Peter actually explains this in the dialogue. He tells Broyles that "Faux-livia" is Walter's new name for "Bolivia" - from "Olivia-B" (In sorta Pig Latin, I guess. )

I thought the first two episodes of the new run (which I watched back-to-back) were terrific. I just finished rewatching the first two seasons on DVD during the break (BTW, am I the only one who thinks S2 looked like crap on DVD? Unfortunately, I can't spring for the BD versions. Only got the DVDs because they were on sale and I had some Best Buy gift cards left over from Christmas.)

Can't wait for the rest of the season.

Regards,

Joe

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by Paul D G

Is Fauxlivia one of the names tossed around the fan sites? I'd heard BOlivia (which never made sense to me, unless it was Bad Olivia, but I never thought of her as the Evil Twin).

EDIT: Dammit. This is the Season Two thread...

I seem to recall reading earlier in this thread that "B-Olivia" was the 'official' way the other Olivia was referred to in scripts. And yes, we're in the wrong thread. Perhaps we all got into a DeLorean somewhere along the way... (oops, sorry, wrong movie/show...)

kzolady

Agent
Real Name
Jan Finchum
Originally Posted by Paul D G

EDIT: Dammit. This is the Season Two thread...

Fauxlivia is what Walter called her. Isn't he a cute old man. I just love this show. A serious show with comic relief. Too Cool!.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He's cute until he grows his missing brain bits back. Then, you won't want to cross him. At all. If he saw an active season two thread, someone might even die.

kzolady

Agent
Real Name
Jan Finchum
Do you really think so. I had rather hoped he might have grown as a person through his personal trials and his improved relationship with Peter.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's what's interesting about it to me. He was afraid of what he was becoming, so he had the bits removed. Now, everyone is afraid he will suddenly be Walternate, but I think you're probably right. He'll be different, he'll be intimidating, but he'll have a greater sense of his humanity. I think he was clearly pretty amoral in his youth, with the experiments he was willing to run on Olivia and the other children, but he isn't the cold and brutal man Walternate became with the loss of his own son and the devastation wrought upon his side.

Really, though, I don't know how it'll play out, but I'm pretty sure an integrated Walter somehow won't be permanent. Eccentric Walter is just too great a character to never be seen again.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Is there anything short of locking this thread that can contain the season 3 discussion in the season 3 thread? Or is this the alternate season 3 thread? Maybe the season 2 thread title should be in red so you know which Fringe thread you're posting in.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /forum/thread/304260/fringe-season-3-thread/90#post_3773897

Is there anything short of locking this thread that can contain the season 3 discussion in the season 3 thread?

Contacting a moderator often helps.

kzolady

Agent
Real Name
Jan Finchum
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

That's what's interesting about it to me. He was afraid of what he was becoming, so he had the bits removed. Now, everyone is afraid he will suddenly be Walternate, but I think you're probably right. He'll be different, he'll be intimidating, but he'll have a greater sense of his humanity. I think he was clearly pretty amoral in his youth, with the experiments he was willing to run on Olivia and the other children, but he isn't the cold and brutal man Walternate became with the loss of his own son and the devastation wrought upon his side.

Really, though, I don't know how it'll play out, but I'm pretty sure an integrated Walter somehow won't be permanent. Eccentric Walter is just too great a character to never be seen again.
I could very possibly be wrong, but I think some scientists aren't so much amoral, as failing to consider the ramifications of their actions (common sense). They get so involved in what they can do, that they don't stop to consider whether they should do it or not. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. That and maybe hubris.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Zaphod Beeblebrox in one of the later Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books did the same thing -- he had parts of one of his brains (he has two heads) operated on to hide some kind of secret. I don't recall the details.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

Nice touch having a Dr. Spock book on Belly's bookshelf.

I liked that, too. I also enjoyed the shoutout to Twin Peak and Dr. Jacoby a few weeks back, when Walter was wearing the 3D glasses

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

I do recall William Bell saying in the alternate universe that Bell and Bishop never had occasion to meet, so I extrapolated that to mean Bell never was inspired / motivated to create Massive Dynamic.

Catching up on this thread now that I'm (nearly) up to date on S3: I recall Walter saying that in the alt-universe, Bell died in his 20s in a car accident so they never met, and of course by the time this show starts, there is no Bell "over there" either, save for "our" Bell who appears to have spent most of his time there.

Which does sort of beg the question, although Walter first opened the portal, did Bell make it worse? Or for that matter, the alt-universe sending over the shapeshifters to our side?

Edit: Bell told Walter his alternate died young so their respective alternates never met, nor founded Massive Dynamic (alt). At least, that's what Fringepedia says.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I've been loving this show...until this week. Did they seriously just play the nooky card? What crap is that? Whichever Olivia he picks, that universe will live?

LAME.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by Yee-Ming

Although one of my posts, and the replies thereto, were about the S2 finale,so those posts are now in the wrong thread...

You left out the part of my post that said "Contacting a moderator often helps". If you'd like any posts relocated, please PM me with links.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Quentin

I've been loving this show...until this week. Did they seriously just play the nooky card? What crap is that? Whichever Olivia he picks, that universe will live?

LAME.

At this moment, it's a theory. If it's true, we already knew the machine would save one universe and destroy another, and that Peter was the sole operator, so if caring more for one universe is what tips the scales, it doesn't seem that unreasonable. Besides, it's a cinch that Peter will find a way to save both.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks