What's new

Fringe season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

B Universe. Bad Olivia. I think it's the former. Do they use it on the show, like they use Walternate?

I know they used it in the closed captioning.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
As far as I know B-Olivia was something that the writers started calling her and has not been used in the show like Walternate.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
If anyone is interested in the current Fringe promo campaign, it's pretty amazing. In an upcoming episode ("Firefly"), we learn more about Walter's favourite band: Violet Sedan Chair (referenced in a previous episode years back). Well, JJ Abrams literally made a real-life version of the band, recorded a handful of actual records that feature a bunch of hidden spoilers, took those records and hid them across the USA at small independant record stores. Fans are now out hunting them down and solving the puzzles/spoilers. JJ Abrams appears to have started this plot YEARS ago, when he guest-edited an issue of Wired, and included a reference to Violet Sedan Chair in an article entitled "[SIZE= 12px]Musical Mystery Tour: Messages Embedded in Your Favorite Album."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Pretty great stuff, if you ask me.[/SIZE]

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Great show, going to the friday "death slot" really wish FOX would let this show get the FX treatment, less commercials and to hell with the keeping it toned down

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I don't know why American Idol had to change their days to Wed/Thurs and push Fringe over to Friday, I guess they want more rating on Thursday?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeremiah

I don't know why American Idol had to change their days to Wed/Thurs and push Fringe over to Friday, I guess they want more rating on Thursday?

Thursday is a very important ratings night and with Glee doing well on Tuesday night they felt they could maximize their success by having AI Wed/Thursday.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's 10th episode was ok, but the momentum of the first 9 episodes was definitely gone. I thought it would still be propelled a bit more by what had come before, but the episode felt like an episode of rest.

Come to think of it, this was probably a budget-saving episode, to pay off the amazing things that came in the first 9 episodes. This 10th episode held interest mainly because it was good to see Christopher Lloyd acting in a role that required him to remain calm -- and he did very well at it, imo.

But not the most auspicious start to the new half of the season, in the sense that it was NOT a must-see episode.

In better news, the viral leak of Walter's favorite band Velvet Sedan Chair album is nice:

http://soundcloud.com/letitplayout/sets/violet-sedan-chair-seven-suns-lp-side-2/

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Different strokes, as they say. I enjoyed this episode as one of my favorite in the series. You had Walter struggling with what he perceived as the right thing versus the thing closest to his heart (saving Peter), as well as the general impact of his previous selfish decision. You had Peter and Olivia continuing to struggle with the fact that he closed the gap with Bolivia instead of Olivia. Moving the arc forward. Just good stuff, IMO.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Well, we can't always have the show like it was in the previous 9 episodes. That doesn't mean it isn't good, just part of the story.

Not even a book can you have it moving a long the whole time. Some of the best moments on this show are character moments.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Just bumping this thread, as people are posting in the season TWO thread for some reason :)

I found "The Firefly" to be a terrific return to the show after the break. It really fleshed out the details of the Observor (though obviously leaving most of the mystery intact), and elaborated on the implications of Walter stealing Peter from the other side.

Really good guest performance by Chrisopher Lloyd, too.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm with ya, Mikah. One of the best episodes. And, as Josh pointed out, we're all in the wrong season's thread.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Awe, man, you guys are crazy, this was an excellent episode. Next weeks looks like it might rock, too. We finally get to see that damn machine Peter is supposed to annihilate a universe with.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Violet Sedan Chair tracks from the other thread.

http://soundcloud.com/letitplayout/sets/violet-sedan-chair-seven-suns-lp-side-2/

I'd totally listen to this music. In fact, I will.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by SWFF Next weeks looks like it might rock, too. We finally get to see that damn machine Peter is supposed to annihilate a universe with.

Well, it was just one dude, and he liked it okay. From the preview of posts, I was under the impression it was being hated. Was going to post:

"Lolwhut? as the kids say. I thought it was awesome. One of the best. Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man."

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Originally Posted by Mikah Cerucco

I enjoyed this episode as one of my favorite in the series. .

Me three.

I had to replay the opening segment several times because I kept laughing over the dialogue.

Actually thought I might be seeing Jeremy Irons before I realized it was Christopher Lloyd

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I watched it a second time to see if it improved. It didn't improve much to me, but I think that in its relatively subdued demeanor it might be a good introduction to the series for people new to Friday nights.

Does anyone think September (the Observer)'s real motive was to save Walter, and that he created the "test" of "give me the keys, you save the girl" only to fool his fellow observers into thinking he was behaving properly (doing nothing more than a test)?

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Is Fauxlivia one of the names tossed around the fan sites? I'd heard BOlivia (which never made sense to me, unless it was Bad Olivia, but I never thought of her as the Evil Twin).

EDIT: Dammit. This is the Season Two thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks