What's new

Fringe season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Anyone catch Bolivia's reference to the alternate Casablanca? According to urban legend, Ronald Reagan was first choice to play Sam in Casablanca. So on the other side, Casablanca was a Ronald Reagan movie that fell into obscurity, hence Bolivia's reference to, "that Ronald Reagan movie" that she never saw.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

Anyone catch Bolivia's reference to the alternate Casablanca? According to urban legend, Ronald Reagan was first choice to play Sam in Casablanca. So on the other side, Casablanca was a Ronald Reagan movie that fell into obscurity, hence Bolivia's reference to, "that Ronald Reagan movie" that she never saw.
Thanks for pointing that out. That's a nice touch. I remember hearing about that, but it didn't cross my mind when watching the episode.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I know I'm coming to late to this party, but I just heard they were bumping the shows to Friday nights, and that Friday nights was where all shows go to die. And, another thing I just got around to hearing . . . it's getting low ratings?! Wow. Well, I would have to chalk that up to the mythology and it's deeper probe into what life is like in the parallel universe. I guess, people aren't digging those alternate episodes. Personally, I dig everything about the show, including those alternate eps.

Damn this is shitty news.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by SWFF

. . . it's getting low ratings?! Wow. Well, I would have to chalk that up to the mythology and it's deeper probe into what life is like in the parallel universe. I guess, people aren't digging those alternate episodes.

I'm sure that's part of it. I'm still watching, but I'm definitely less interested in the show with the entire emphasis on the parallel world story. I miss the stand-alone case files. This past week's episode was more interesting, with Olivia solving the Candyman case on the other side. But it was all still wrapped in the dimensional-shifting mythology.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

I'm still watching, but I'm definitely less interested in the show with the entire emphasis on the parallel world story.

Same here. It's not like the show is bad but since it's safe to assume that Olivia is going to get back to her universe at some point, I've spent more time waiting (and waiting and waiting and waiting) for that to happen rather than being all that interested in what she's doing on the other side.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
A good episode tonight. I'll have to check back again, but why wasn't that shopkeeper taken under FBI custody? Will his store be watched or bugged? I hope they address that sometime. They have to use that typewriter in another episode ...

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Whenever Anna Torv does that thing where she responds to a question by pausing with a toothy, squinty smile and then responding, "yeah" almost under her breath, it reminds me of Gilly.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Originally Posted by NeilO

A good episode tonight. I'll have to check back again, but why wasn't that shopkeeper taken under FBI custody? Will his store be watched or bugged? I hope they address that sometime. They have to use that typewriter in another episode ...

Exactly! The guy has an inter-dimensional spy communication post in his shop...but, he's given absolute freedom to travel around? They don't search the store, him, his house, etc. for the item? A clear misstep by the writers.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Great show again - 8 for 8 in my book so far.

Guess we might be getting a few standalones now which should make others happy :)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The trailer for the move to Friday in the spring is pretty funny

Here goes (damn! Had to go to source to change paragraph again :(

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
That was FANTASTIC! I think Walter is one of my favorite characters currently on TV. And, I think he's going to be in that new "L.A. Noire" game by Rockstar.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Love this season and an aftermath episode like The Marionette makes it even better. Fantastic episode. Anna Torv has been killing it all season and that shot of her finding Peter's MIT t-shirt in her laundry was so touching. Josh Jackson did an awesome job too and that final shot with him saying I'm sorry with the two empty lawn chairs - visual poetry.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad Bolivia is gone... Her lighter, more casual demeanor was annoying!!! Which is a credit to Anna Torv that she can on one hand become an incredibly attractive, multifaceted character like Olivia, and on the other hand become someone you wouldn't want to know.

I worried though that the production of these past 8 episodes must have been absolute hell for the actress; she may have had about the same amount of screen time (maybe a few extra minutes each episode), but she was often the central character. The workload must have been awful.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else think of, and snicker about, Futurama's dubbing of the two universes " 'Universe 1' and 'Universe A' "? I wish Walter would at some point refer to their universes in the same way, as an in-joke for Futurama fans.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Why do they call the alternate Olivia, Bolivia? I just call her Evil Olivia, where does the 'B' come from. Need enlightment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks