What's new

Fringe season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

kzolady

Agent
Real Name
Jan Finchum
Thanks for the info Jay H. It is a good day for us Fringe Fans. Yeah FOX!! Is there a place where we can email them and thank them for the timely renewal of Fringe? IMHO you should tell ppl when they did good.

Does Fringe air on Fridays and Saturday everywhere or just in my area? I never see it mentioned anywhere. I'd rather watch a good show twice than watch something not good ever.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they plan on concluding the battle between two universes this season or will it be continued next season? I wouldn't mind then wrapping it up and having the team going back to normal freaky cases. ;)

Would be interesting if some of the cast from the other side came to this side (ie-Kirk Acevedo's character).

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Season 2 question: Does anyone know what the deal was with the new character they introduced in the S2 season premier? She was in two episodes and then disappeared from the show. Was there any info from the show runners saying they decided they didn't want the character or that the actress had to leave for some other reason? Seems weird watching S2 again on BD and going "Oh yeah, I remember her"

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Sean Bryan

Season 2 question:

Does anyone know what the deal was with the new character they introduced in the S2 season premier? She was in two episodes and then disappeared from the show.

Was there any info from the show runners saying they decided they didn't want the character or that the actress had to leave for some other reason? Seems weird watching S2 again on BD and going "Oh yeah, I remember her"

I believe she was merely a tool by which the show was able to rapidly "catch-up" new viewers to the storyline, hopefully increasing viewership on a show that otherwise is quite difficult to watch casually and jump in to. It was lazy, in my opinion, but probably necessary.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, I suspected that was the purpose of the character. But it seems a wasted opportunity to not "do something" with her if they didn't plan on keeping her. So she was "the new viewer audience" for the season premier, then shown working on a case with the Fringe Division in the following episode, and then "poof" just gone. Great show, but yeah that was lazy.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They were probably also worried about the Nikki and Paulo effect. I know I wasn't really looking for a new person added into the mix. On the other hand, A-Universe Lincoln Lee is an example of a character who earned his slot by being built up from recurring to maybe regular.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

They were probably also worried about the Nikki and Paulo effect.

That's not even a slightly fair comparison. I mean, with the Nikki and Paulo thing, they retconned entire sequences into the past storyline and acted like they were involved all along.

As far as I remember, the new person in S2 was just a new person, who we watched being introduced to all of this stuff for the first time. The only way it'd have had the same effect as the Nikki and Paulo thing is if they told us she was with Astrid in the lab all throughout season 1 or something.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I also thought she wouldn't be that jarring as a new character since Charlie was killed. I figured she was a replacement FBI character that was meant to fill a void.

I thought she was cute too. Wouldn't have minded seeing more of her. Oh well.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Has Fringe not been on for the past couple weeks? I've been busy, and I usually watch it later...somehow. Anyway, it seems like episode 18 was a couple weeks ago and nothing since? Is that right?

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Correct. Drives me nuts, this time of the tv season. Strong run up to mid November, then random new episodes scattered about until mid April, then non stop to the end of the season. Some shows feel like they're on so rarely I have to check to make sure I didn't miss one somewhere.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Yeah, I figured it was because Nimoy could be on camera, I liked what they did though.

I also thought it was very funny when Astrid called Walter "Wally" after he mispronounced her name.

edit - I always cringe when I see people try and act like they are on LSD, I wish they would just find someone with experience and tell them how to act.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
At least we got Nimoy's voice.

From this EW.com article it said,

“Leonard retired from acting at the end of our season finale. He was very sincere about that. But Joel and I and Akiva [Goldsman] were talking about the notion that William Bell would inhabit Olivia’s mind, and we came up with what we thought was a really cool idea,” Pinkner said. “We called Leonard, and he just started laughing and said, ‘Okay, I’m in. How do you want to use me?’”

But, Pinkner clarified, this isn’t a re-cut of already-present footage. It’s new material — and definitely a new approach. “He’s participating in the show. It’s more than just giving us license … William Bell is present in the next episode, and he’s present in way that gives new meaning to alternate reality. But it’s very much Leonard Nimoy.”

Paul D G

Screenwriter
During the 2nd half of the episode I noticed a #Fringe bug just above the FOX bug (it's visible in the above screen shot). Does anyone know what this was? I intended to scan back through the ep to see when it appeared but forgot and deleted it. I have not noticed it on any other shows yet. I thought maybe it was something to identify the show but that's even more ridiculous than the network bug idea. Was there some sort of Twitter promotion going on during it's airing that I wasn't aware of?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks