What's new

Fringe - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Forbes

I also think doppleganger Walter is the lead bad guy on the other side, pissed at having his son taken from him and hell-bent on getting him back.
I hope that is not the case. I was thinking that on the other side, Walter died in the accident while Peter lived.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by todd s

Sorry if this has been discussed. But, the bad guys whole plan is to be able to open the doorway to the other universe. Alright, but haven't they been doing that already? And Olivia has been there and back.
What I don't get is that the other reality is supposed to be desolate and barren, but the one Olivia went had the WTC still standing and otherwise didn't look any different.

Also, WRT these mercury eating soldiers, do they have doubles on this side?

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Good ideas and conversations!

I think it is likely that OUR William Bell is the only one. He's either rid the other side of its' Bell or else its' Bell was already gone. Otherwise, I doubt he'd be hanging out there full time.

That said, I think the reason he is over there full time is to fight for OUR side...likely against the other Walter. I mean, who else could even match wits with a Walter other than his pal and partner?

Just because a 'blight' has hit the other side is no reason or indication to believe it should be barren. I don't recall hearing anyone say it is barren.

I don't think it matters if the mercury eaters have doubles or not. But, my guess would be that they are constructs of some sort. They are not fully human. Maybe they once were and have now been altered by science.

Speaking of altered by science...we've seen that the other side is definitely a place of 'weird' science. And, the attempts at experiments in OUR world are part of their plan to help cross over. Another reason I think Walter is the bad guy over there. I think he's the one creating the weird science on that side. A true mad scientist.

The one thing I'm not sure about...why does the lead soldier (frozen head) need Walter's brain to build a bridge/portal device? DRJ built one last season, right? Other people have certainly figured it out since Walter.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
A comment was made that there was no more grass or trees because of the blight. There was no suggestion of buildings being gone.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Plus, there's reason to believe there's another unaired episode, since they ordered 22 season one episodes and Fox only aired 20. The season one DVD/Blu set also has 20 episodes as well.

Fringe season 2 starts up again this Thursday.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wish that in every scene with Charlie that they'd have looped a character saying "Hey, aren't you dead?"

Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

Plus, there's reason to believe there's another unaired episode, since they ordered 22 season one episodes and Fox only aired 20.
This was episode 20 (in production order) so, oddly enough, they shot it after last season's finale (which was the 19th episode shot after the pilot).

Spero D

Second Unit
Man I was thinking how the f*ck is Charlie back. I was happy to seem him again but was scratching my head figuring it out. Then I find out later its an unaired ep from Season 1. Weird but good. Much like Fringe :)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
And I'm just finding out now (reading this thread). But of course I knew something was going on. It did take me a minute, though. I thought perhaps I'd forgotten/missed something and it was a Bad Charlie.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
A comment was made that there was no more grass or trees because of the blight. There was no suggestion of buildings being gone.

"...no more grass or tress" on the whole planet? Did they also mention all the people and animals being dead because of the lack of oxygen?

This was episode 20 (in production order) so, oddly enough, they shot it after last season's finale
Not really odd. Series routinely shoot episodes out of order, especially pre-planned "arc" shows that know which episodes are likely to be effects-heavy in advance. Babylon 5 shot its 1st season cliff-hanger halfway through the 22 episode shoot because they knew the FX team would need extra time to deliver the finished episode. Episode orders get shuffled for other reasons as well.

Regards,

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They should have shot a framing sequence where Walter was in a smoking jacket in an ornate library. "Come with us as we view an episode from our past, when the raspy guy was still with us."

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Sigh. Another stand alone episode. With such a fantastic show mythology begging to be explored these are really becoming annoying.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
While this was another stand-alone episode, I thought it was quite good. In particular, it advanced a few plot threads that were best-served in a vehicle like this, as opposed to getting muddled over in a mythology episode:

- Someone else (Astrid) now knows that *something* happened to Peter, and Walter did *something* to get him back.

- There was a flash of the "Real Walter" when he clashed briefly with the CDC honcho. This didn't appear to be passive-Walter simply losing it, but rather evidence that Walter's full personality is still there, despite the lost brain fragments. Perhaps the memories are there, too.

If these were tossed into a fast-paced mythology episode, I feel it might have been a case of too much information--some people might have even complained they were "shoe-horned in" when the didn't fit.

We pretty much needed a "I'm not losing Peter again!" episode, and this was it.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
When a stand alone storyline impinges on one of the running ones it always good.

Great that Astrid has suspicions about Peter. It finally gives her character something to do besides being Walter's straightman.

Now the question will be how long will the show keep Astrid stewing about this knowledge? Hopefully, only for an episode or two.

Is there a visit to a certain cemetery upcoming for Agent Farnsworth?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another relatively standalone episode, though we did learn something about Walter's father. It appears next week is the "winter finale", but next week's episode is definitely not standalone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks