What's new

Fringe - By J.J. Abrams (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Abrams name is the only reason I'll give it a chance. Before I heard he was involved, I heard "from the writers of the Transformers." That would have driven me away real fast.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Yes I am curious on the JJ front and the writer's front. This will be a good taste of what these guys are likely to present with the upcoming Trek movie.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Lance Reddick is also in the show, and I really enjoyed his work on "The Wire," and his handful of appearences on LOST.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip

Although those two writers were some of the main guys behind Alias, and I believe they have been involved with Lost as well. Pretty much, they're JJ's go to guys.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I didn't hear the names in the first trailer I saw. Just, "From the writers of the Transformers." They've obviously done other stuff I've liked, such as Lost, Alias and M:I3. So, maybe it really was Bay's fault.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I ignored the first half of Lost because I doubted JJ Abrahms (despite my love of Alias).

I won't make that mistake with Fringe.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'll certainly check this out (I guess mostly due to Abram's involvement), but I can't say the show looks or sounds that appealing to me. I don't feel much either way regarding the cast. No one particularly stands out as someone I'd watch a show for (though it's cool to see Charlie from The Mighty Ducks and Denethor landing jobs). The lead actress looks pretty but comes off as a bit bland in the photos and interviews I've seen her in. Of course I expect her to do well since I doubt Abrams would've hired someone who wasn't up for it.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I predict the cast will grow on you.

Well now I'm curious. Why would you intentionally ignore something created by a person if you liked his previous work?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
TV's a very collaborative medium, so if what stood out about Alias was Jennifer Garner or some other actor, it makes sense that someone would be more interested in that person's next project than Abrams's. It's worth remembering that at the time, Abrams' reputation was still mostly dramas like Felicity and thirtysomething than action/adventure; it wouldn't be unreasonable to see Alias as the aberration.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
The Futon Critic wrote a very favourable review of the pilot and it's getting good buzz on the Internet, so it certainly sounds promising. I haven't been particularly interested in network TV offerings for nearly five years, but I'm looking forward to checking out Fringe and Joss Whedon's Dollhouse.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Wow, I thought this was a great pilot. I knew at the end he'd be questioned, but I thought it'd be Walter again, not Bell. The whole 6 hour after death hint earlier, and the "he's not dead" tombstone in her shared dream or whatever gave that away.

It started out a little cliche, where they say I love you and then immediately after he gets blown up, but the end sort of turned that on its head.

I really liked this and I'll definitely be watching next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks