Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Fright Night (1985) Blu-ray Review
fright-night-09-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have the UK release, which I haven’t watched yet. I saw all the extras on this set and checked out the back label on mine. Looks like it has most, but not all of the extras on this set. The UK set has the full length documentary and others, but apparently, not the two commentaries. Damn. I don’t really want to spend another $28 or so just for those. The same transfer is on both sets so I’ll settle for this one.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Classic 80s. Really enjoyed it when it came out. May rent it to see if it holds up.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I have the UK release, which I haven’t watched yet. I saw all the extras on this set and checked out the back label on mine. Looks like it has most, but not all of the extras on this set. The UK set has the full length documentary and others, but apparently, not the two commentaries. Damn. I don’t really want to spend another $28 or so just for those. The same transfer is on both sets so I’ll settle for this one.
The commentaries were produced by Icons of Fright back in 2011, independent of any disc release, and are still available for free download on their site in mp3 format.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I can no longer find it for sale anywhere, let alone rent! Does anyone know where this blu ray went?
As I noted in my review:

The disc is currently sold-out at both Amazon and Best Buy, but be patient, as many of Sony’s more recent MOD releases have eventually become available again very shortly.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can no longer find it for sale anywhere, let alone rent! Does anyone know where this blu ray went?

Like most of these MOD items, the 1st pressing sells out quickly and then usually there's a couple week wait for the next wave. Since they are pressed in small batches it seems they try to anticipate by the preorders how many to make for the 1st week sales and extremely often the item goes Backordered quickly. I would anticipate within the next 2 weeks it will return to most of the retail sites.

A couple of the independent stores have it. Bullmoose has a few stores listing it in stock if you happen to be in (or know someone near), but no shipping. The same appears for Zia Records, but only a couple of stores list it in stock.

This site seems like it may be the retail arm of Allied Vaughn and says it's in stock though full price. 1.99 1st item + 0.50 ea added in the US and it appears $2.99 International for the 1st item and $1 ea added item
https://www.moviezyng.com/043396546332.aspx

Listed in stock here, but my recollection is these guys often list OOS or even OOP items as available
https://www.oldies.com/product-view/4338KD.html

I

Chelsearicky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Barrett-Olson
Like most of these MOD items, the 1st pressing sells out quickly and then usually there's a couple week wait for the next wave. Since they are pressed in small batches it seems they try to anticipate by the preorders how many to make for the 1st week sales and extremely often the item goes Backordered quickly. I would anticipate within the next 2 weeks it will return to most of the retail sites.

A couple of the independent stores have it. Bullmoose has a few stores listing it in stock if you happen to be in (or know someone near), but no shipping. The same appears for Zia Records, but only a couple of stores list it in stock.

This site seems like it may be the retail arm of Allied Vaughn and says it's in stock though full price. 1.99 1st item + 0.50 ea added in the US and it appears $2.99 International for the 1st item and $1 ea added item

Listed in stock here, but my recollection is these guys often list OOS or even OOP items as available

I
Thank you

Chelsearicky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Barrett-Olson

I
Thank you

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I'm ever so curious why the people here who LOVE this movie weren't amongst the, I don't know, eight THOUSAND people who got the two pressings of the Twilight Time Blu-ray or even the UK version. I don't get it, frankly, but then there's so much that I don't get :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Plus many of the prior copies were purchased by speculating resellers, many of whom then charged exhorbitent prices that some fans likely did not want to pay, or were not able to.

But, yes, it's always been a popular catalog title and I'm amazed that Sony never put it out on blu-ray themselves before now.

Now if we can get the 1988 sequel at some point. One would think given the popularity of the original film, someone would be interested in releasing the sequel in a decent home video edition. To date, I believe its only domestic releases were on a low-quality EP VHS tape, and a full-screen DVD that was practically of unwatchable quality.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It's available in OAR on YouTube, and looks pretty good, even though the it doesn't look quite 1080p:

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm ever so curious why the people here who LOVE this movie weren't amongst the, I don't know, eight THOUSAND people who got the two pressings of the Twilight Time Blu-ray or even the UK version. I don't get it, frankly, but then there's so much that I don't get :)
I would have but they sold out so fast I wasn't able to get one in time. So I'm happy this is being released again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks