What's new

Friends TV question (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
"The One Where No One Is Ready" is in Season 3.

The above ("PIV-OT, PIV-OT") is in Season 6, but I can't remember the name of the episode.

Chris

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Ryan, did you catch the outtakes show? The actors themselves were laughing so hard while doing the "Pivot" scene, I wonder how they were able film it while keeping a straight face. Funniest Friends moment ever. :)

The episode is "The One With a Cop" from Season 5.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
The 1 with the Ovaries is the episode where they compete for the apartment.

It contains so many great lines, including one of my favorites: "My sisters' going to have my baby!"

"How old was Chandler when he first touched a woman's breast?"

"14?"

"No, 19."

"Thanks man."

"According to Chandler what phenominon scares the bejesus out of him?"

"Michael Flattly Lord of the Dance."

"The Irish Jig guy?"

and last but certainly not least IMO

Chandler: "ooo, ooo, ooo."
Joey: "Nope, not for like another couple weeks."

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL - I was just looking on Amazon and they have some new DVD on "Michael Flattly Lord of the Rings Dance" :D

Anyways, anytime I hear Michaels name, I think about Chandlers fear of him:
something like - "His feet move independantely from the rest of his body"

Ryan Heller

Auditioning

I wasn't able to catch the outtakes show. I do remember them not being able to keep a straight face on one episode.

-Phoebe is imitating Ross playing the bag pipes. It was hilarious.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Well, IMNSHO, you're right, you are being a scrooge. Of course it was ridiculous, but damn was it funny. Obviously Ross wouldn't rub lotion, baby powder, and water on his legs to get his pants up, but I didn't care. I couldn't stop laughing. I thought the lamest thing about that situation was he didn't attempt to explain to his date what had gone wrong. He just strutted out of there with no pants on. A simple explaination would have resulted in a "some day we're going to look back on this and laugh" from the date.

I'm not certain, but I think the Chandler quote is "His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

The PIVOT! episode also had the hilarious conclusion where Ross tries to return the broken in half sofa.

Ross: I'd like to return this sofa.
Salesperson: You want to return THAT sofa?
Ross: Yes.
Salesperson: It's been cut in half.
Ross: That is why I would like to return it.
Salesperson: We can't take that back.
Ross: I will accept store credit.

I know the above is way off quote wise, but you get the gist. It's another moronic moment for Ross.

Pieter

DeeF

Screenwriter
Although I see your point about Ross and the leather pants, I still think that is the funniest, laugh-out loud bit in all of Friends.

Ross is so self-important, with his degrees, etc., that the leather pants wardrobe choice showed how clueless he really is. The entire rest of the cast knew his mistake before he did.

But then, to have him talking to Joey on the phone, trying desperately to figure out the solution to the problem, by "powdering" himself.

I just can't help but laugh, hard and long.

Which season was this in?

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator
To nitpick, the episode where they battle for the apartment is "The One With The Embryos".

I actually think "The One Where Everyone Finds Out" is the funnier episode.

"They don't know we know they know we know."
"I'm very bendy"

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Since everyone here is good at naming episodes...what was the one where Ross was taking Karate, and talked about Unagi (SP?)

I believe that was the same one where he hid behind the curtains, jumped out at Rachel and Phoebe and yelled "DANGER!" :D

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
Though it's gross, I like the "ear" question from The One With the Embryos:

Ross: In what part of her body did Monica get a pencil stuck at age 14?
Chandler and Joey think for a second, then Chandler runs up to Ross and whispers something in his ear.
Ross gets a disgusted look on his face.
Ross: Eww! No! Her ear!
The camera cuts to an image of Monica, who gets a disgusted look on her face.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
The episode with Ross and the leather pants was in Season 5 - "The One with All the Resolutions," I believe. A good episode, other than Ross's stupidity.

"Unagi" was the highlight of Season 6, though the one when Chandler couldn't cry was pretty good as well. Ross screaming like a little girl when Phoebe and Rachel jumped out of the curtains was classic. A good use of Ross's overweening sense of knowledge ("Chandler - I sensed it was you").

Shawn.G

Second Unit
I got the third season and love it. "Could I be wearing anymore clothes??" Hahaha...
I think I will get either the 4th or 6th season since I have 1,2,3, and 5. Which do you think I should get?

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I was going to post the complete list, but Lee is already doing that on page one.

I do wish The One with the Embryos would have been #1 or the pilot. The One with the Prom Video is a classic episode. I don't know if it would be in my top 6, but definitely in my top 10 if just for Chandler's awesome quote:

Monica: "Shut up, the camera adds 10 pounds."

Chandler: "So how many cameras are on you?"

ROTFLMAO. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks