What's new

Friends - Series finale 5/6/04 (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well you could have said that about Fraiser Crane in "Cheers"

Maybe Joey will all of a sudden be really intelligent and choose good acting roles and his show will last 10 years.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Okay, first thing is first. Where in the hell was Rachel's kid for the entire episode? I know I came in late, so could someone fill me in, please?

I hated to see the foosball table go...it was kind of sad...Monica was the one who had to destroy it.

Chandler: Yeah, and you didn't even use the tools for most of it.
Monica: They were slowing me down.

I don't know if Joey will fill the void. So few spin-offs ever really take off as well as the original.

I think deep down I knew Ross and Rachel would get together. For anything else to happen would just piss off the fans. I still loved the "We were on a break!" reference, showing once again that it will never die.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Good finale... I think it would've been more interesting if Ross offered to go to Paris with Rachel though.

Sad to see it go...

"HEY, THEY CAN'T READ YAKNOW!"

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I liked the finale. I thought for sure they'd end up together in Paris, but I liked it either way. Ross yelling at the answering machine was quite funny.

I agree though that it was rushed at the end, and I passed on the first hour of the show...Who needs that when the show is on 4 times a day?

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Sorry, but the whole airport mix-up thing just didn't work at all. No one who has lived in New York, would just assume that the flight was from the airport that was farther away (JFK is about 6 miles farther than Newark Airport). Both airports have several daily flights to Paris. Anyone with any sense at all would've asked which airport.

Jeff

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Well, Ross was relying on Phoebe, so it's not really implausible. In fact, I'd go so far a to say that it was entirely in character.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
As someone who lost interest in this show a long time ago (probably about after the first Ross/Rachel breakup), I'd have to say this finale was a complete train wreck. When Ross was trying to get the flight info from Monica on the phone and she kept putting the phone to the baby...I was about ready to throw the tv out the window. And the whole story line with the ducks was a total space filler. Not a good thing in a season finale. And did we really need another airport scene? Or should I say another TWO airport scenes? Rant over.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I liked the duck and chicken story. For one, it was an homage to the original duck and chicken, plus, it gave the opportunity to destroy the foosball table, which has been on the set and part of the show for a very long time..another symbol of good things coming to an end.

It's only a "train wreck" for people who had already lost interest in the show, because they are no longer connected to the story. For people who haven't lost interest, it was a good finale. Not the best I've ever seen, but nowhere close to the disaster that was the last episode of Seinfeld. Moments of nostalgia for the characters and the audience. Moments of closure. Humor, touches of sadness. Not presented in an overly corny way.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I liked it a lot. It was not an obvious series finale in every respect, but managed to sort of close some of the storylines. The thing with the foosball table was cute.

Did anyone else get the end of the show cut off on their Tivo recordings (or other recordings)? GRRRR! NBC has never gone over into ER before, but of COURSE they had to do it this time.... thank God for the Internet... I hate NBC.

/Mike

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I enjoyed it. Definitely better than Seinfeld's finale. I liked the keys bit.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I didn't like the first half that much, but the second half was really good. I was satisfied with how it ended.

I didn't see any threads about tonight's finale, so I started one with my first post. My thread disappeared for some reason, and I entered this one to see that it had been deleted and my post moved here. It would've made more sense if the adminstrator had moved his post into my thread to follow my post.

~T

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Im one of those people who watched the first episode oh so many years ago, told all my friends "This show is great and these 6 nobodies are going to be SUPERSTARS someday" and then promptly stopped watching after the first season, once it was no longer "my little secret"... (That probably says more about me than it does about the show....)

I liked the finale... Seemed to have SOME of the magic that first season had, but subsequent seasons lacked for me... Of course, I still would have like the monkey to come back...

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

Yeah, and our DVR box is in the other room since I have an HD box on the main TV. My wife is pissed about it too, since she had class on Thurdays this quarter and gets home at around 9:30.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Pretty good show but nothing special. The Pheobe stuff was the highlight of the episode and the ducks was the lamest part.
I thought Courtney actually looked healthy again after all those years of looking like she hadnt had a meal.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Never watched the show regularly, but watched tonight with my GF. Not bad-could have been worse. I also thought the Newark-JFK mixup was a stretch.

On those who missed the end, if you're so inclined you could always rent ot buy the finale next Tuesday on DVD. I guess they want to strike while the iron's hot!

Don Black

Screenwriter
As a huge fan of the show, I thought it was only so-so. They completely rushed the closing scene and I wasn't left with any real closure.

I am glad that they didn't plug "Joey" throughout the finale though. That would have been really lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks