Friends Season 8

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by kashp, May 27, 2004.

1. kashp

kashp Auditioning

Is there any news on when season eight will be released?

2. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I've been wondering about this myself. Some (including David Lambert I believe) predicted that the announcement for season 8 would've happened on or shortly after the release of the finale DVD. I personally thought we would've heard something by now, as a July release would've been perfect. But it doesn't look like that'll be the case. I hope it isn't too far off. We're so close to completing this series, it would be pretty disheartening if Warner decided to prolong the release of the remaining 3 seasons. I guess time will tell.

3. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Joey is probably going to premiere in the beginning of September, maybe even at the end of August, so the release date could be around then.

4. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

That would make sense to me. Then we could get Season 9 in time for Christmas and then time Season 10 for the finale of Joey, assuming that it goes to 22 episodes.

5. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    I wonder if they're bumping up against syndication commitments with the later seasons. Something like the eps have to have a certain period to air in syndication before they can release the DVD? Just a guess.

6. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I just read on TVSHOWSONDVD.com that season 8 will be out in November. That's really disappointing, especially since seasons 3-7 were released at a rapid fire pace, and now that the series is near completion, they're slowing right down again. Oh well, better than not getting it at all. I look forward to it.

7. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I kind of had a feeling that we'd slow it down a bit given what was stated in the Warner chat a few months ago. I was hoping for season 10 by the end of the year, which would've been possible at the old rate...but it is not to be now. Of course, season 8 in november just makes that a more expensive month than it already is.

8. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Warner Bros is releasing more and more of their shows. They don't have a massive department working on these things, so the same people that are working on Friends are also working on a few other projects.

Gord

9. Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm Stunt Coordinator

I'm a little disappointed too, especially because I'm seeing these episodes for the first time as they come out. But there is plenty else to get until then, so it's okay.

10. Kenlc

Kenlc Auditioning

I remember reading somewhere that they've already taped a reunion show of "Friends" to be aired next Thanksgiving/Super Bowl. They already taped it because they knew it would be impossible to gather all the cast members again. However, I can't find anything about it now. Did I dream this?

Anyway, the airing of this special could have something to do with the the release of season 8. I was hoping for a July release as well, but I guess November is ok.

Casey, what was stated in the chat?

Gord, they should finish Friends before starting on the new shows. There's only three seasons left. I thought it was in Warner's best interest to get them out as soon as possible while the show is still fresh on people's minds. I figured that was the reason for the quick releases of the previous seasons.

11. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Producer

This was a fan rumor.

12. Kenlc

Kenlc Auditioning

Damn [​IMG]