"Friends" Season 8??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Andrew Radke, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I'm just curious about how long it'll be until we receive word about the 8th season of 'Friends' on DVD. In all honesty, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet. I remember when news surfaced regarding season 7 a week BEFORE season 6 was released, and when the few seasons before that were released, we had always received news less than a week following the release of each current season. (i.e. season 6 news surfaced a few days after season 5 was released).

This may be somewhat premature, but I can't help but wonder if we'll hear anything soon. I like the fact that the last 3 seasons have been released approximately 2 months apart, and I'm hoping that continues. In other words, I would be disappointed if I had to wait until say August or September for season 8, especially since Warner is on a roll with getting these released.

I love this series a great deal, and knowing that I'm only 3 sets away from owning the complete series, I only hope they waste no time releasing them.

2. MichaelFA

MichaelFA Stunt Coordinator

Well ever since they have been including the "Gunther Spills The Beans" features on each DVD, they have been releasing them pretty quick. So, since they included one of those for Season 8, I'm pretty sure it won't be too long before we get the set.

I'd say early August into September as the release date.

I hope the box is yellow!!!

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

With each season set release of Friends, around the street date they announced the next release. Oh, it wasn't that way right at first, but after a few sets were under their belts, that became the pattern.

With S7's release imminent, they instead announced "The Finale" instead of S8. So, around the time The Finale is about to street, I expect S8 to be announced.

4. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

I'm guessing July as the release date.
    Dave, it's good to see you post again. Maybe I'm crazy, but it just seems like you haven't been on the board in a long time.

5. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I suspect that September will see a release of a season of Friends, to remind people to watch Joey, season 8 could be then, or possibly season 9 but I've got a hunch that season 10 won't hit before the year is over, but it is only just my hunch.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

The Complete 1st Season 4/30/2002
    ...4 months
    The Complete 2nd Season 9/03/2002
    ...7 months
    The Complete 3rd Season 4/01/2003
    ...3.5 months
    The Complete 4th Season 7/15/2003
    ...3.5 months
    The Complete 5th Season 11/04/2003
    ...3 months
    The Complete 6th Season 1/27/2004
    ...2 months
    The Complete 7th Season 4/06/2004
    ...1.5 months
    Series Finale 5/11/2004

...July-ish sounds right. :shrug:

Since January, or there-abouts. Work's pretty much killing me. I'll do my best to post when I can, but it'll still be here and there for a while. Thanks for noticing!

7. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

Yeah, I was worried about you! [​IMG]