Friends Season 4: Artwork error?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Steven Wesley, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve
    Like many of you, I've been purchasing the season sets of Friends. However, upon the purchase of season 4, I noticed a slight change in the package art that made me go "why did they do that?".

Every season to this point has consisted of a multi-fold digipak case to hold the actual DVDs, and then this slides into a cardboard sleeve. Usually, I display these sets on the shelf with the binding of the digipak facing outward (where you can see the name of the season and then the headshots of the cast vertically).

In seasons 1-3, this "season number/photo column" pattern was followed. However in season 4, for some reason, the completely left the season number off the binding side of the digipak. It's just a large orange blank space and then the vertical column of cast images. At first I thought it was just me, but I've compared to a couple friends locally and they have the same issue.

Granted, this is just packaging, but it still baffles me how something like this would have taken place. Has anyone else thought about this, or am I just a wacko? [​IMG]

- Steve

2. DanC

DanC Stunt Coordinator

3. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve
    Hey Dan, thanks for the link. I couldn't find that other thread when searching. Glad to know I'm not insane [​IMG]