What's new

Friends R2 or R4 (1 Viewer)

Gideon Tam

Auditioning
Hello,
Does anyone know that if the TV series Friends on R2 or R4 DVDs suffer from the 4% speedup?
Thanks,
Gideon

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...erm... all program material that was originally filmed at 24fps will inevitably and unavoidably 'suffer' from the c.4% 'speedup' that is inherent in the PAL 25 fps system - which is used in R2/Europe etc. (but not in R2/Japan, which is NTSC) and in R4/Australia etc. (but not in R4/South America, which - I believe but am not sure - is NTSC as well)...
...that said, in the past three decades a few hundred million people the world over have happily watched PAL TV without worrying about image - and sound! - speedup... just as, during that same period, several hundred million more people the world over have happily watched NTSC TV without worrying about the - equally inevitable and unavoidable - nefarious side effects resulting from that pesky '3-2 pull-down' business...
WARNING!
Collecting/watching DVDs reinforces
latent anal retentive tendencies!

. . .
redface.gif
. . .
[Edited last by Hendrik on August 21, 2001 at 12:26 PM]

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The R4 is probably identical and 30-40% cheaper. I always check Aussie sites first if there's something I want from the UK, and it usually ends up saving me a lot of money (shipping is nothing too)
Jeff Kleist

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks